Dental Anatomy and Occlusion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

paoimach

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody,
I would really appreciate if some of you could tell me which books did you used to study for the Dental Anatomy and Occlusion part of the NDB part I..since I did really bad in that part of the exam.
Thanks a loooot...Paola:)

Members don't see this ad.

The Dental Decks are excellent for those topics, try them

1) Wheeler's Dental anatomy

2) Dental anatomy and occlusion by Khalid Choudhary

3) Dental decks

4) Released questions

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everybody,
Thank you very much for your help....I'll go to the bookstore and see if I can find those books...THANK YOU AGAIN!!
Wishing you the best...Paola

I took the NDB Part 1 exam about 5 or 6 years ago, but as I recall, a HUGE amount of the questions were repeats. Use the dental decks and memorize all of the old exams. I memorized every question and only studied the dental decks and managed in the mid 90s. This was also the case for part 2. A lot of people didn't study the old exams in detail, and they didn't do as well. Get a hold of every old exam you can. I had stuff going back to 84 or something...Good luck

I suggest you study the Dental Decks, past exams and refer to Wheeler's Dental Anatomy for reference if you still can't understand the dental decks but to rely on past exams alone is not highly recommended.

A lot of people I know spent so much time on past exams this year and failed the NDBE Part1 bec. the trick is not to memorize exams but to understand why the answers are correct and why the other choices are not.

If you understand the concepts and principles of anatomy and occlusion (working, balancing,occlusion...) however they may shape and form the questions you will be able to answer or make "intelligent guesses" bec. you have studied to the best of your ability...

I did not get a high mark on occlusion (that's also my weakest subject) but I think bec. somehow I made an effort to try and understand I was able to manage and pass the exam.

I'm no expert but I hope my insights help...

Hi,
I got some help regarding Dental anatomy , on what to read , I thought that I can share it with all of you who are currently preparing for Part1 NDBE .This book is recommended.

Here's the link to the book at Amazon.Com:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...4002085-5826422

The newest edition now lists Scheid as the lead author.
Good luck!

Smilemaker
:p