[delete]

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deleted543017

[delete]

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pre-clinical evaluations are horrendously subjective. Something that one faculty member sees as perfect may be seen as a travesty to dentistry by another. It's better to learn each faculty's preferences and base your work off that.

Reactions: 4 users
I use youtube for my bridge exams. Everyone you see has different techniques, like what bur/speed they use etc. Just ask around and test them out and you'll adjust to your preferences.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just curious, less than 2 years ago your were hammering away at the MCAT what made you change to dental?

Use the time that you have in the sim lab wisely. Go in after hours and practice if your allowed. So many students get a “passing” grade, then leave. Videos and reading materials will help, but actually drilling is the best form of preparation. Try to drill as many teeth as you can.

Use the time that you have in the sim lab wisely. Go in after hours and practice if your allowed. So many students get a “passing” grade, then leave. Videos and reading materials will help, but actually drilling is the best form of preparation. Try to drill as many teeth as you can.
This 100%. Just experiment. Do extra preps and restorations when you can. To get more restoration practice, It’s faster to drill a restoration out than to cut a new prep. You’ll roughen your prep up a bit, but that won’t really affect being able to re-restore it. You don’t even have to get all the material out as long as you have room for your condenser. Play with different burs for finishing. Try to find a balance between getting decent anatomy and spending too much time on it before finishing. I’ve been finding recently that if I shoot for good anatomy before curing, the final product comes out better, but it’s also easy to waste time playing with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.