Delays on Post 9-11 BAH

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BC_89

Staff member
Administrator
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
In preparations with my annual budget (and done filing taxes finally), I’m wanting to move around 10k of cash currently in my Online Savings Account (Ally). Before doing so, I notice issues occurring at the end and beginning of each semester with vets and there delays with BAH payments.

I’m curious to hear if anyone is currently experiencing this and how long have these delays lasted? I understand everything becomes retroactively paid but in some regions of the country I’ve had people experience 6 weeks or longer (Hence I’d rather keep my savings on standby rather than invest them elsewhere at this time).

Anyone experience this? If so, did any specific vet friendly bank (ie Navy Federal or USAA) give any deal (such as nearly 0% loans like what’s occured with past gov shutdowns) or do they see the VA as an entirely separate entity when it comes to similar loans geared for housing due to entitlement delays?

Members don't see this ad.

In preparations with my annual budget (and done filing taxes finally), I’m wanting to move around 10k of cash currently in my Online Savings Account (Ally). Before doing so, I notice issues occurring at the end and beginning of each semester with vets and there delays with BAH payments.

I’m curious to hear if anyone is currently experiencing this and how long have these delays lasted? I understand everything becomes retroactively paid but in some regions of the country I’ve had people experience 6 weeks or longer (Hence I’d rather keep my savings on standby rather than invest them elsewhere at this time).

Anyone experience this? If so, did any specific vet friendly bank (ie Navy Federal or USAA) give any deal (such as nearly 0% loans like what’s occured with past gov shutdowns) or do they see the VA as an entirely separate entity when it comes to similar loans geared for housing due to entitlement delays?

I haven't experienced it myself, but I've seen others who have. Most cases seemed like a mishap/miscommunication between school and counselor for certification, or a delay in the certification, so it's different for each individual and largely based on the availability of the counselor and/or school to get it straightened out.

I'm unaware of Navyfed or other banks giving out 0% interest loans, but I do know that VRE offers a "Revolving Fund Loan" which goes up to $1000. No interest. It's paid back at $100/mo for 10 months and comes out of comp and pension payment if needed.

Reactions: 1 user
no delays just a communication thing between your school and counselor, pm if specific questions

Reactions: 1 user