Dear Adcom Members

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LizzyM

the evil queen of numbers
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am writing to recommend something that I hope you will enjoy reading as much as I have: Dear Committee Members by Julie Schumacher. If you have read far too many LORs this year and written some yourself, you will find this to be an enjoyable romp.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
This book seems like a great diversion from the UG corruption case playing in the background all night.

Of course we all know all of the advantages that are used by the rich and famous; some, like essay "editing" are very clearly cheating, while others, like mega-tutoring for high stakes tests, are just yucky. But we also know that if Grampa gives $20 million for a new wing or building, that will influence admissions too, but this is done transparently, but doesn't mean it is ok.

And this whole hew world of cheating - hiring people at College Board to be in collusion - and bribing school admins and coaches, is just not what we in academia stand for. We are always trying to level the playing field, knowing it is an unwinnable game, but one we all feel is worth playing so that we get kids from all backgrounds, racially, ethnically, income-wise, thought wise, etc.

I need same day Amazon.

Reactions: 2 users