DAT Destroyer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kaitlynjre

Reaction score
I had the pleasure of attending Dr. Romano’s (the owner and creator of DAT Destroyer) class this summer in NY. The man is a total genius. I personally wouldn’t waste any money on the other study materials and I would put complete faith into the DAT Destroyer books. If you put the time in, you have everything you need to be successful. I have many friends who’ve used solely the DAT Destroyer books and have had great success. I also have friends who’ve used other materials ie. Bootcamp and 2/3 of them are retaking their exams next semester. Not to say that will happen to you, but why take the risk? The destroyer is packed with high yield questions and detailed explanations.

I think you should begin reading the 550 page Dynamite Bio notes and then dive right into the Biology section of the Destroyer. I would put emphasis on the questions AND most importantly the answer key. Dr Romano provides very well written and well thought out responses to each question. If you have a Facebook, you can join the DAT Study group. You can find a PDF there of the Bio notes for free.

For math, I would watch all of Dr. Blois’s free YouTube videos on the Orgoman channel at least once and do the tests in the math destroyer. It prepares you very well as Dr. Blois teaches you a ton of tricks to save time and explains how to approach each problem.

Also, I highly recommended PAT Booster. I would start with the generators for 15-20 minutes per day and then eventually 1 hr/ day and then take some practice tests. It’s a great way to prepare for PAT especially for only $100.

Best of luck!!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Hi Polar Bear. I would agree with the post above. I have friends who have utilized other materials that do not emphasize learning the material and gaining a solid foundation. I have been studying under the Destroyer team and to be blunt, the questions are not what we are accustomed to. Each question in Dr. Romano's current Destroyer will extract the most out of you. The Orgoman Team also has supplied those who are in the study group FREE tests for the Natural Science questions. There are also free Biology notes in the study group that will help you with the questions found in the DAT Destroyer. If you are also having trouble with Orgo, or did not have a good foundation in undergrad like so many students, try using David Klein's Organic Chemistry as a Second Language. I have both copies and they have helped me tackle the questions. Dr. Romano is also accessible via FB Messenger and Ms. Nancy, who is also a managing Member for the Orgoman team, is a pep talk away. I take my exam this month and I will be sure to share my results with you. I hope this helps.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user