DAT Breakdown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Benjamin Bloom

Reaction score
  • Overall score: 24
  • Study time: 10 weeks, 6-7 hours/day
  • Resources: DATBooster program schedule, practice tests
  • Strengths: Organic chemistry and general chemistry (26 each)
  • Weaknesses: Perceptual Ability Test (PAT) (21) and Biology (21)
I scored well in the organic chemistry and general chemistry sections, I followed the DATBooster program schedule for these subjects. The DATBooster program is known for its comprehensive and challenging content, so it's likely to prepare you well for these sections.

I scored an academic average of 24 on the DAT after studying for 10 weeks over the summer, 6-7 hours a day. I followed the DATBooster program schedule to learn all of the information, and closer to my test, I reviewed all of my notes and took extra practice tests to prepare.

I was a little disappointed with my PAT score of 21. I was too slow with the top front end part of the section and saved those questions for the end where I guessed on most of them due to the time running out. However, I felt that the DATBooster orgo and genchem prepared me well, and I went into the exam very confident. I received a 26 in both of those sections. Although the biology section of the DAT covers a wide variety of subjects and it's difficult to remember everything, I found that the most useful thing I did to prepare for this section was to do practice tests and read all of the correct and incorrect answers. This helped me to identify my weaknesses and areas where I needed to improve.

I also thought that the reading from the DATBooster really prepared me not to overthink any of the questions and find the answer in the passage. The questions on the test actually went in order of the passage so that helped me score a 23 on the reading while I was getting 21's in practice.

Overall, I'm proud of what I accomplished on the DAT. I want to encourage you to not give up on your dream of becoming a dentist. The DAT is a challenging test, but it is definitely possible to succeed if you put in the time and effort. I'm proof of that.

Here are some tips that helped me:

• Create a study schedule and stick to it. This will help you stay on track and make sure that you're covering all of the material.
  • Find a study buddy or group to help you stay motivated. Studying with others can be a great way to learn and stay accountable.
  • Find a quiet place to study with no distractions. I enjoyed studying at my local library, and there was a group of us there studying for the DAT and MCAT.
  • Take practice tests regularly to track your progress. This will help you identify your weaknesses and areas where you need to improve.
  • Get enough sleep and eat healthy foods. This will help you stay focused and alert during your studies and on the test day.
  • Relax and take breaks when you need them. Don't try to cram all of the material in at the last minute. Take breaks to clear your head and recharge your batteries.
I believe in you! You can achieve your dream of becoming a dentist if you put in the time and effort.

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• DAT scores 2.jpg
    DAT scores 2.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 53