DAT Breakdown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aliebeskind19

Reaction score
49F8237D-3EFC-48FA-9C76-BFB98061A173.jpeg
Hi everyone, I just recently took my DAT and I am super happy with my scores. I only used DAT Bootcamp to study!

I started studying during the last month and a half on my junior year of college. Being busy with school and extracurriculars, I wasn’t able to follow Ari’s study schedule. I would study any chance that I got, mainly only getting 1-3 hours a day. Once I finished up finals, I buckled down and studied 6-9 hours a day for the next month and a half. Here’s how I studied for every section!

PAT: 22

Working on perceptual ability every day is extremely important. For keyholes, I would try to do at least 10 questions a day 5 days a week. For TFE, I had to practice a bunch in the beginning of my studying, for some reason it just wasn’t clicking. It wasn’t until the last month of my studying where I finally got the hang of it and started getting a majority of these questions right. Angle ranking was the biggest struggle for me. My biggest advice is just to trust your gut and try different techniques to see what works for you. Hole punches and cube counting came very easy for me. I didn’t have to practice these very much, it just came naturally. Cube counting is also all about practice and learning how to see patterns in the shapes.

QR: 20

Math was never my strong suit, so I was struggling with QR when I first started studying. Just watching the videos on topics that you’ve never practiced and trying the question banks helped me a ton. Once I got onto doing the tests, that’s where real growth started. Do as many tests as possible, they will show you something the most similar to the real DAT.

RC: 27

The only practice that I did for the reading section was in the full length tests. I just had to get so much content in that I didn’t feel this was the most important section to be spending my time. With that being said, I did reasonably well on all the practice test RC sections. When I took the real DAT, the sections were much easier to read and the questions were super straight forward.

Bio: 30

I think I spent the most time on biology out of all the topics. I read the high-yield notes to learn the content (I liked the videos, but they were too time consuming) then moved onto the bio bites and question banks. Throughout the 3 months, I did every bio bites section multiple times, doing topics I was struggling with more. I had just taken Physiology and anatomy this past year, so that content was super fresh in my head and I didn’t need to study that too much. I never used Anki or Quizlet, but I did have the Bootcamp chrome extension enabled so I could see a new bio flash card every time I open a new browser. When taking the real DAT, I found the questions super easy and saw a couple of identical questions on the DAT practice tests.

GC: 23

I took gen chem during COVID-19 online classes and never paid attention, so I really struggled with GC when I was starting. I think it was the last month before my DAT when all the formulas and concepts started to click. My issue was that I was trying to memorize everything instead of understanding the concepts. When I really sat down and connected all the dots, I started to get more questions right.

OC: 22

Taking OCHEM recently and being a preceptor this past semester was super helpful. I didn’t use Anki or anything to learn the content, just Dr. Mike’s videos and the questions. I thought I memorized most of the reactions down super well, but on my real DAT, I didn’t get a lot of questions that I was expecting. I got a few weird spectroscopy questions and lab technique questions that I didn’t remember. My biggest advice is to study every part of the content and make sure you have it all memorized.

TS: 24

AA: 24

Members don't see this ad.