Cvs new leadership structure coming next year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ancienbon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
IMG2804340861949216674.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Interesting that the further up you go the less experience you need. Surely it is better to at least pretend that the ladder is meant to be climbed?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
No pharmacy experience required for the RD who is above the DL. It all makes sense now.

Reactions: 1 user
Not much better than in the hospital setting where your department reports to someone with a nursing or ancillary service background and sees pharmacy as just drug expenditure

Reactions: 1 user
At least they are smart enough to keep a pharmacist in charge of overseeing pharmacy operations.
I feel like WAG management really became clueless when they got rid of a lot of pharmacist leadership positions

Not much better than in the hospital setting where your department reports to someone with a nursing or ancillary service background and sees pharmacy as just drug expenditure
not that I disagree with this sentiment - but I think the bigger issue is having the person in place in leadership that understands the issues (or trusts/respects the particular profession) that reports to them.

No matter what- eventually you are going to report to someone that isn't of your particular profession (unless a pharmacist is the CEO - but even then, they report to the board of directors.

At my hospital system - the pharmacy leader is a vice president who reports to the president. Even doctos generally are going to report to a non-physician.

As you climb whatever business leadership tree you work in, as you get further up, the work at hand transitions to doing what is needed in the trenches to understand the business aspect. It isn't like the CEO of goodyear used to work on the factory line making tires.

But like I said, a good leader understands the issues below them, and works with those that actually did/do the work - although we all know the higher you get, the more out of touch most leadership is and their priorities move from what is best for the worker to what is best for the shareholders and their own pocket

Reactions: 1 users