CV--upcoming events?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

morgantaylor

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I've just about finished my PASS application, but am wondering about listing things on there that I'm planning to do....

For example, I have 2 externships lined up for August, but they technically won't be completed by the time I submit my application. Same for the CV's I'm mailing. Do I say "anticipated" or just list them as is, since they'll be done by the time I hopefully get interviews.

Also, what are people doing for their 2x2 pictures. Anyone know of a place that does them good, but affordable?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

good question about the cv and expected externships! i don't have a good answer for you on that one and would be interested to see what others have to say about that.

but, for the 2x2 headshot...what i did was to use adobe photoshop to make a 8x10 sheet of 2x2 cropped picture of myself (happened to have one from my frat composite pic)...and then i just burned the file on a cd and developed it at costco for only $1.99 per 8x10 sheet! very cheap! :D if you don't have a 2x2 headshot...just crop any of your digital pics in adobe photoshop into a 2x2 image size and there ya go~ good luck! :luck:

I got my pictures at Kinko's.

For your CV, do what you said: document future things as "planned" or "pending".

Members don't see this ad :)
Upcoming externships, I just listed them as is on my CV, but I also list the dates of participation. I had "approved & anticipated" initially, but deleted that. The program directors will see the dates of participation so things should be cool.

All my applications have gone out, all the programs should have all of my stuff by the end of next week. I'm also doing an externship in August, so that particular program will already have my application materials and they'll see that I've listed their externship on my CV prior to my participation. But that particular program already know that I was coming, so....

The 2 X 2 photo, initially I was going to get professionally done like at Walgreens or something (passport photo places), but I've decided to save some money and just cropped one of my digital pictures and printed them out on my own computer and printer on photo paper. It worked wonders and seem to fit the purpose just fine!

Good luck on your applications, where all are you applying?

Thanks for all the input. I'm applying to 15 pedo programs and a couple of GPRs...we'll see!