CV for Scramble

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pafacamo

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am almost certain I will scramble, and have prepared a CV in a format somewhat different from what appears in ERAS.
Should I send the programs the CV I prepared or just copy what appears on ERAS?

I?m getting more nervous every minute and cannot make my mind about anything now.

Any input will be welcome

Members don't see this ad.

don't panic...ya got a few days. i know it's scary as sh@!...

Hopefully, you don't really need this advice. I seriously doubt your med school would let you go at things alone, as people not going into any residency (no match, no scramble) reflects poorly on them and can impact accreditation -- they usually have an assistant dean or a senior faculty member/advisor helping you go through it all, calling their connections, etc....My best advice would be wait until black Monday and then talk to whoever is gonna be your ally.

Just in case, though, to expedite the process, just be prepared to make and fax copies of your ERAS application. I would recommend you keep your CV in the ERAS format -- it's "quick and dirty" and gives the program directors all the core info they need. You want them to be able to read through things quickly so they can make a quick decision.

What field did you apply in that has you so nervous?

hope this is helpful.

I applied to IM. (I know it?s not that competitive, but that doesn?t mean no competition)

The thing is, I?m alone in this.
I am an IMG, though I?m a US citizen.

Thanks for the input. I?ll make some copies of my CV in ERAS format.... and give my fax machine some vitamins...or amphetamines.

i know little about the hurdles IMGs go through with applying...sorry :(

amphetamines for the fax are good...just remember you need to have a phone line open at the same time, so i hope your fax runs on a separate line....or you at least have a cell phone. you need direct access by the program directors and busy signals = lost position.

again, once black monday comes, you'll have a better idea, but just have your CV ready in Eras format, and a cover letter.

good luck,