Position Swap Current PGY1 in FM in IL near STL looking for swap in either NV, TN, or NC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

halbkl11

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I"m currently in my first year of residency in Southern IL - 20 minutes from St. Louis, looking to swap either PGY1 or start my PGY2 year at another program in either Nevada, Tennessee, or North Carolina due to a required military base transfer my husband has just received. It is a fantastic opportunity for him, but we really do not want to be apart. I love my program so far, the attendings and other residents are wonderful and I feel like I am getting a great experience out of it. But being a family medicine resident, I strongly value my own family as well and want to be near my husband. If anyone has a desire to live near St. Louis or just a few hours from Chicago and could swap positions with me or has info on available positions in those areas, please feel free to contact me!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I"m currently in my first year of residency in Southern IL - 20 minutes from St. Louis, looking to swap either PGY1 or start my PGY2 year at another program in either Nevada, Tennessee, or North Carolina due to a required military base transfer my husband has just received. It is a fantastic opportunity for him, but we really do not want to be apart. I love my program so far, the attendings and other residents are wonderful and I feel like I am getting a great experience out of it. But being a family medicine resident, I strongly value my own family as well and want to be near my husband. If anyone has a desire to live near St. Louis or just a few hours from Chicago and could swap positions with me or has info on available positions in those areas, please feel free to contact me!

I am looking for a PGY-2 FM spot. I am currently a transitonal year. My program is only one yearso that may not help to much, unless you find a empty spot and need someone to fill your opening at your current program.