Current and past Rossies, does anyone like *anything* about the island?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ttllywicked

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been accepted to Ross for Jan 22 and have been reading threads endlessly. I am excited for this experience and reading these threads can be kinda of discouraging honestly-most people seem to have mostly complaints about their experiences at Ross (whether it be the school or the island).

So does anyone (or did anyone) enjoy their time at Ross? What do you like most about it? Do you think you're getting your money's worth atleast a little?

Would love to hear any positive thoughts if anyone's got any!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
You're more likely to get responses over in pre-vet; that's generally where most vet students hang out :) You mentioned already reading threads. If you haven't yet read the x vs y school threads, I recommend checking there.

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied for May 2022 intake. I have worked as a VTA for 10 years and have worked with a few Ross grads who had nothing but amazing things to say about the school. And all of them had a level of professionalism and skill well above and beyond the grads coming from our local veterinary school. All of them said “it’s what you make of it and what you do that makes your experience, not the school”.

anecdotal, but thought I would share 😁

I have a family friend who went to Ross and said it was a great experience. Obviously the curriculum was hard but she had great things to say about the island itself. (PS I'm also a future January Rossie)

I’m a current 6th semester rossie. I’ve come to the conclusion ross will be what you make of it. If you come in very sheltered/niave, not able to take your life into you’re own hands… you will struggle here. I’ve seen many of my peers either fail out completely or fail a class, and not one of them reached out for help before it was far too late.

I am very thankful to ross for giving me an opportunity with a less than stellar application. Was ross my ideal school- heck no! But the best part about a school is it’s clinical year, and at ross you get to somewhat “pick” which affiliate school it will be at.