Program-Specific Info / Q's CSUDH MSOT 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

virtuemoir

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I thought I would create a thread for applicants or those interested in CSUDH's MSOT program, considering applications open in about a month. We can share questions and updates here!

Does anyone know if CSUDH offers housing for graduate students? Also, the MSOT application process isn't rolling, correct? I remember being informed that CalSateApply requires 4 supplementary questions to answer in place of a personal statement, but I also read somewhere on their FAQ page that they still require the latter; Anyone have any insight on this?

Good luck to everyone this application season! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello!
I’ll be applying for the MSOT program this year (I applied last year, but didn’t get admitted). Their applications are not rolling; they open on August 1st and close on September 15th. They don’t require a personal statement... only the 4 questions. Not sure about housing :(

Reactions: 1 user
Hi all! I’ll be applying this year as well :)

I was wondering if anyone knew if the CalStateApply portal requires verification (like OTCAS does)? I was assuming they don’t because there’s no transcript entry section, but I wasn’t entirely sure either at the same time.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all! I’ll be applying this year as well :)

I was wondering if anyone knew if the CalStateApply portal requires verification (like OTCAS does)? I was assuming they don’t because there’s no transcript entry section, but I wasn’t entirely sure either at the same time.
It doesn't! I applied not too long ago and they give a confirmation email that your app is submitted right away. Based on previous threads, I think you get a follow-up email from the school of whether or not they received it on their end a couple weeks later.

Just submitted my application today... now we anxiously wait!

For those that applied, did you receive an email stating that they will be sending decisions starting August 22nd? I'm wondering if it was a typo and they meant to say September 22nd.

For those that applied, did you receive an email stating that they will be sending decisions starting August 22nd? I'm wondering if it was a typo and they meant to say September 22nd.
I got that too. Probably a mistake? I think the MSOT applicants don't hear back about their decisions until late November or early December.

Is CSUDH anyone's top choice? :)

I got that too. Probably a mistake? I think the MSOT applicants don't hear back about their decisions until late November or early December.

Is CSUDH anyone's top choice? :)
Yeah, last year decisions were sent in November, so I was confused when I received that email. But perhaps they’ll send out decisions earlier this year because they’ll also be receiving applications for their OTD program this year.

Do ALL prereq courses need to be completed before applying? I'm currently in the process of taking my last prereq (physio) but didn't see any info online :(

Do ALL prereq courses need to be completed before applying? I'm currently in the process of taking my last prereq (physio) but didn't see any info online :(

Hey! According to their website, it does say that all the prereq courses need to be completed before applying :(

I actually wanted to apply last year, but could not because my prereq courses were still in progress as well. Maybe you can try to contact them though in case they can make any exceptions?

Hi :)

Just wanted to jump onto this thread too since we’ve just entered November and decisions should be sent within the next few weeks. I’d love to stay connected with others that applied to the MSOT program, as well as any one that is planning on applying to their OTD program too!

Good luck, everyone!

• Care
Hi :)

Just wanted to jump onto this thread too since we’ve just entered November and decisions should be sent within the next few weeks. I’d love to stay connected with others that applied to the MSOT program, as well as any one that is planning on applying to their OTD program too!

Good luck, everyone!
These next few weeks are definitely going to be nerve-racking! Based on past years post on this board, we should have a decision within a couple of weeks, hopefully. Good luck to everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
CSUDH OT FAQ website indicates the decision time frame from midto late November. So I assume the later half of November, we will know..

Members don't see this ad :)
CSUDH OT FAQ website indicates the decision time frame from midto late November. So I assume the later half of November, we will know..
I called admissions recently and that’s the timeline they gave too. But I saw in older threads that a few cohorts from previous years received acceptances as early as the last week of October 🫢, but it seemed more common to start receiving something after the first week of November.

Hopefully we’re lucky and we hear something very soon! :)

• Care
Hey everyone! Wanted to check in and ask if anyone has heard anything yet? :)

Nothing yet. Checking religiously though lol
lol same!
Scared Kermit The Frog GIF

Did anyone know if there was an interview process ?

Did anyone know if there was an interview process ?
I remember during one of their info sessions they mentioned that they haven’t done interviews for several years now, but the possibility is still there if needed.

Did you apply anywhere else?
I’ll be sending a few more apps this week, but CSUDH is really my top choice. I really thought we would have gotten news from admissions by now 😅

Have you finished applying to all the schools you’re interested in? :)

Last edited:
I’ll be sending a few more apps this week, but CSUDH is really my top choice. I really thought we would have gotten news from admissions by now 😅

Have you finished applying to all the schools you’re interested in? :)
What are other school choices and their deadlines you are sending apps this week?

What are other school choices and their deadlines you are sending apps this week?
KGI’s OTD program :) their app is due in December. It’s close to home for me and I attended their OT summer program this past summer. I really enjoyed it!

WHAT’S TAKING THEM SO LONG
Will today be the day?
dun dun dun! :lol:

The uncertainty is killing me!

To answer GoOTOT's question, I already submitted all of my applications. I got accepted to another school, but CSUDH is definitely my top choice (price and proximity to home).

I just checked and its still the same! On the CSUDH OTD thread someone said people will get notified by thanksgiving :oops:

Will today be the day?
dun dun dun! :lol:

The uncertainty is killing me!

To answer GoOTOT's question, I already submitted all of my applications. I got accepted to another school, but CSUDH is definitely my top choice (price and proximity to home).
congrats on the acceptance!

I just checked and it’s still the same! On the CSUDH OTD thread someone said people will get notified by thanksgiving :oops:
as another day passes with no email my anxiety spikes a little bit higher ;-; good luck to everyone that applied !!

just emailed the department hoping for a response with a specific date to calm our nerves!

Reactions: 3 users
I guess we just have to wait patiently....

IMPORTANT UPDATE: the department replied saying that applicants will be notified in between NOW and NOV 30TH
Thank you for reaching out. And Good Luck For Every One on this journey. Please keep all of us updated with your decision status once available.
Happy Thanksgiving holiday.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Thank you for reaching out! Good luck everyone!! In the meantime, I'll be sleeping with one eye open

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Care
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
IMPORTANT UPDATE: the department replied saying that applicants will be notified in between NOW and NOV 30TH
I just forgot to ask. Did they specify a particular day they start to notify the applicants? How do they notify? By email? Do they notify applicants in stages, or batches??? Lots of wonders.
We all know that by end of November the decision will be in for all of us who appled.

I just forgot to ask. Did they specify a particular day they start to notify the applicants? How do they notify? By email? Do they notify applicants in stages, or batches??? Lots of wonders.
We all know that by end of November the decision will be in for all of us who appled.
They’re starting to send out emails today until the end of the month. Based off of previous years forums, you’ll get an email along with a change in status of your application on the CSUDH portal. I’m not sure if it’s stages or batches though.

I just reread the response email and now that I think about it, I don’t think they gave me any clarification at all 😭 it’s just basically saying that’ll we’ll know by the end of the month. What do y’all think?

Attachments

• DE7760EF-B3E7-40C9-897E-CCA795A4A934.png
    DE7760EF-B3E7-40C9-897E-CCA795A4A934.png
    168.6 KB · Views: 107
So all we know for sure by end of November, all of us know the status. I think that they are still working on to finalize the decision for all applicants, especially balancing out the MSOT and OTD for those who are interested/applied for both programs..
My hope is that they will finish up the task by Thanksgiving, but who knows...

Another week begins, ladies and gentlemen. Let's see if we get any news before the holiday!

Reactions: 2 users
Hey y’all, I checked myCSUDH portal just now and it says I have been admitted to the university! Anyone else’s portal say this too? Does this mean it’s official?

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Hey y’all, I checked myCSUDH portal just now and it says I have been admitted to the university! Anyone else’s portal say this too? Does this mean it’s official?
Awesome!! I'm pretty sure that means you'll be admitted, based on previous years' posts. Congrats!!! My status hasn't changed at all, but I'll be keeping an eye out tomorrow.

Same here. Admitted. I take it is official. We just have to wait few days for official email/letter to come with instructions.
Good luck, everyone

Last edited:
  • Care
Where do you check on the portal to see if you were accepted or not? Is it under "admissions"?