Cryptocurrency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If cryptocurrency is such as a scam then why is blackrock, fidelity and every other major asset managing company jumping in and forming their own Bitcoin ETF? It is because it is being identified as something that will have value.
If subprime mortgages were such a terrible idea then why were JPMorgan Chase, Citigroup, Deutshebank, and Goldman Sachs heavily involved?

The “too big to fail” institutions know they can invest in whatever they want in order to diversify and seemingly pay no consequence if it goes tits up. Involvement by big institutions doesn’t mean it’s legit, it means they want a piece of the action because they can write it off or get bailed out if it fails.

Members don't see this ad.

If subprime mortgages were such a terrible idea then why were JPMorgan Chase, Citigroup, Deutshebank, and Goldman Sachs heavily involved?

The “too big to fail” institutions know they can invest in whatever they want in order to diversify and seemingly pay no consequence if it goes tits up. Involvement by big institutions doesn’t mean it’s legit, it means they want a piece of the action because they can write it off or get bailed out if it fails.

Could be right. But there will be money flowing into the crypto markets for the time being. Which is fine by me.

Crypto looking strong. Who is ready to get rich? I invested a ton into various projects this bear market. Crypto ETF imminent. New president imminent. BTC halving upcoming.

It is all very bullish. I expect a bullrun to start late 2024 and run through 2025

Members don't see this ad :)
I’ve been well in the red with ETH and ADA since 2021, so it will nice to see it going back up.

thoughts on current bull market for crypto? is it here to stay?

Current bull market is just starting. It’s being driven by the massive buying of Blackrock etc from their investors trying to get exposure to the BTC ETFs they are offering. Billions have come in. Everytime an investor buys into the ETF the same dollar amount of BTC is being bought and placed in cold storage. These BTC ETF investors are not traders they are investors.

This is why BTC price is almost back to all time high despite all the other coins are not. It’s been a BTC dominate rally being driven by institutional investors and more and more are coming. In the past it was retail. Retail FOMO is not in yet.

Several ETH ETF applications are pending. Gary Gensler and Jamie Dimon of JP Morgan are the biggest ETH bulls. These applications will get approved as early as May. Then we will see massive institutional buying into ETH and I suspect ETH price could 4-5x from here. This is where the real bull market will start.

There are a lot more retail investors who hold ETH than BTC. Once ETH rockets we typically see money flow through the rest of the market because traders are going to trade. The smaller lower market cap alts which are more volatile will start to pump incredibly hard and that’s when an alt coin run will happen.

Other driving factors for the market is the April BTC halving event where BTC miners will be producing/mining half of the BTC they were able to do before. This means less supply being sold into the market but the buying pressure will be the same or even higher. This means BTC goes up.

I project a 200-250k BTC price at top of bull market. Alt coins will see the biggest bullrun in the history of crypto. Total crypto marketcap could go as high as 10-15 trillion. It current sits at 2.3 trillion.

On top of all this what can further drive the market in a positive way is that it’s an election year and we will most likely see some rate cuts which will be positive for the overall markets and positively influence crypto too.

I also do think regulation on crypto will be a big talking point during the election where candidates who have a more favorable view on crypto regulation will be embraced and will be positive for crypto in general.

2024-2025 is going mint many new millionaires who had conviction and have been waiting/planning this all along. I put 6 figures worth of cash into crypto at the bottom and I’m already up 2-2.5x in profits and the bull market mania has not even started. Retail is not in yet. They are just sitting on the sidelines allowing wallstreet to take full control of a new asset class. I suspect retail FOMO when BTC breaks 100k as this is a psychological barrier and interest from everyone will come back.

You were told.

Reactions: 4 users
lets just say, i don't have to practice podiatry anymore :p

• Love
Reactions: 6 users