critiques of SAmerican hospitals

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

usagigalo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am really excited about doing a fourth year clerkship in Latin America but don't want to choose just any hospital. Which cities are on the tops of your lists? Any particularly good programs in those cities? How did you go about locating a place to live? I apologize for being so full of questions but I am very excited and don't want to overlook anything important.
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I am also looking into this. I am a third year resident and have been trying to comeup with an international rotation in S. America as well. So far, I haven't dug up many resources. I have a few contacts, but not much else to go on.

If anyone knows of a good online resource. please post.

usagigalo said:
I am really excited about doing a fourth year clerkship in Latin America but don't want to choose just any hospital. Which cities are on the tops of your lists? Any particularly good programs in those cities? How did you go about locating a place to live? I apologize for being so full of questions but I am very excited and don't want to overlook anything important.
Thanks!

You will find amazing hospitals in any of the major cities in Brazil, Argentina, and possibly Columbia and Paraguay. Sure bets are Sao Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, Buenos Aires. Do you speak Portuguese or Spanish?

My Spanish is broken, and I am therefore looking to renew some of my lost vocab on a visit to South America. Does one contact individual hospitals or universities to arrange these visits? Thank you for your help.