Cornell Rad Onc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GoRadOnc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Someone from my school, who interviewed last year, had very positive things to say about this place. Apparently, they have a new big wig chair and a new PD who is all about revamping the program. Anyone else have any impressions? As someone with a strong preference for NY area, would like to find out more.

Members don't see this ad.

Someone from my school, who interviewed last year, had very positive things to say about this place. Apparently, they have a new big wig chair and a new PD who is all about revamping the program. Anyone else have any impressions? As someone with a strong preference for NY area, would like to find out more.

I heard mostly negative things from those that interviewed 2 years ago. I didn't go there myself, though.

Dear GoRadOnc,

As Cornell residents, we'd like to offer our perspective. To start off, things are much different now than they were two years ago. As you correctly pointed out, the program now has a new program director (he assumed the role of PD in September, 2010). He has been very involved in resident issues, and the program has seen major positive changes over the course of this year. Overall, there is now much more of a focus on academics, including support for laboratory and clinical research. We also have a new physics and clinical lecture curriculum, which the residents are very happy with. Last but not least, the department has recently received major funding for new technologies, and we are already in the process of installing two brand new machines. If you really want to be in NY, this is a great program. All of the residents are happy here and would be happy to answer any questions - here or on the interview days.
- WMC residents