Contact Program Director or Coordinator? Columbia/Cornell/NYU/Cambridge

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

carolyn

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys...

I've heard from all the Cali schools but still haven't heard from Cambridge, Columbia, Cornell, or NYU. (Anybody know if they're still sending invites?)

I'm from Cali and will be interviewing in Boston and Connecticut in January. Some people have suggested contacting the programs and letting them know I will be in the area and hope to coordinate interviews. I'd rather email then call.... but whether I do either, should I be contacting the program director or the person that coordinates all the interviews?

Thanks for any info or advice!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi carolyn,

I don't know anyone who's recently received an invite from those schools. Anyone else?

I would call the program coordinator and let them know about your schedule (since they're in charge of scheduling, they're most likely to know if there are openings in Jan). Then I would e-mail the program directors to let them know of your interest in the program and also to let them know your schedule. Being an applicant myself, I don't know if this is the most effective way of going about things, but it's what I would do.

Good luck!