Condolences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

esclavo

from frying pan into fire
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I thought I'd start this thread for those concerned for OMFSAstrosFan... I mean Cardsfan... His senior residents are concerned he won't be able to take call if he jumps off the top of the hospital in a moment stricken with grief....should I be so hasty to say there's always next year... the game is still going. His seniors are routing for St. Louis cause they don't want to have to assume all that call in his absence. It sure would be missourable if they lost. Good :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

esclavo said:
I thought I'd start this thread for those concerned for OMFSAstrosFan... I mean Cardsfan... His senior residents are concerned he won't be able to take call if he jumps off the top of the hospital in a moment stricken with grief....should I be so hasty to say there's always next year... the game is still going. His seniors are routing for St. Louis cause they don't want to have to assume all that call in his absence. It sure would be missourable if they lost. Good :luck:

Divine intervention... someone must be livin right...

OMFS Cards Fan taking call is about like playing cards with my brother's kids.

Members don't see this ad :)
esclavo said:
Divine intervention... someone must be livin right...
That luck didn't last for long. My fourth mandible fracture of the day is on her way here. Hopefully, it will be an opportunity to twist wires a little better, so TX can go back to scouring the hospital for something else to give me **** about.

I did like the little "missourable" play on words there--very clever.

OMFSCardsFan said:
That luck didn't last for long. My fourth mandible fracture of the day is on her way here. Hopefully, it will be an opportunity to twist wires a little better, so TX can go back to scouring the hospital for something else to give me **** about.

I did like the little "missourable" play on words there--very clever.

What about "routing" for St. Louis? good one I thought it was a typo at first!

Esclavo,

I would appreciate some more smartass remarks if the Cards get down tonight. I forgot to thank you for giving us that lift in the ninth...keep up the good work...

By the way, being where you are, you ought to be pulling for the good guys. Hey, we've got more Hispanics on our team, too...

OMFSCardsFan said:
Esclavo,

I would appreciate some more smartass remarks if the Cards get down tonight. I forgot to thank you for giving us that lift in the ninth...keep up the good work...

By the way, being where you are, you ought to be pulling for the good guys. Hey, we've got more Hispanics on our team, too...

Those aren't hispanics. We are all short, fat, and unathletic (or maybe all the athletic ones can run, swim, jump and thus "make" their way to the US). I've never seen a hispanic like that dude on first base. He looks like some gorilla with a spanish surname.... His arms are bigger than most mexican's beer gut...

wayoutwest said:
What about "routing" for St. Louis? good one I thought it was a typo at first!

It was a typo. Give me a break, I'm mexican and I left my english dictionary in the low rider on the dashboard next to the virgin Guadelupe under the curtains...makes me feel good that you gave me the benefit of the doubt, looking for sense out of my nonsense.... I think I like you

OMFSCardsFan said:
Esclavo,

Eulogy:

Dearly Beloved, we are gathered here today to remember a potent baseball team and the people who followed them with heart and soul across this great land. We remember the joy, the hope, the power that they put into our otherwise miserable existence. They were the sole source of happiness, inspiration, and light for many whose lives without the acknowledged deceased could be called "bleak". The doctors report that after a lengthy investigation and autopsy the reason for expiration has been narrowed to an acute respiratory failure. One member of the examining team is siting a possible "supraglottic" obstruction. Another thinks that the sides of the oropharynx just suddenly "collapsed". Anyway you want to look at it the conclusion will read an old fashion "choke".

May the dark days, weeks, and months to follow pass into a "new year" where hope will again sprout in the "spring" of life. May the tear stained cheeks of the effected be wiped clean by time... Let us lay to rest this 2005 Cardinal team... will someone please remove that fork from the back of the team so we can close the casket and lay the dead to rest... (sprinkles of holy water... taps....nananana nananana hey hey good bye...bitter sobs...wales from onlookers....)

esclavo said:
Eulogy:

Dearly Beloved, we are gathered here today to remember a potent baseball team and the people who followed them with heart and soul across this great land. We remember the joy, the hope, the power that they put into our otherwise miserable existence. They were the sole source of happiness, inspiration, and light for many whose lives without the acknowledged deceased could be called "bleak". The doctors report that after a lengthy investigation and autopsy the reason for expiration has been narrowed to an acute respiratory failure. One member of the examining team is siting a possible "supraglottic" obstruction. Another thinks that the sides of the oropharynx just suddenly "collapsed". Anyway you want to look at it the conclusion will read an old fashion "choke".

May the dark days, weeks, and months to follow pass into a "new year" where hope will again sprout in the "spring" of life. May the tear stained cheeks of the effected be wiped clean by time... Let us lay to rest this 2005 Cardinal team... will someone please remove that fork from the back of the team so we can close the casket and lay the dead to rest... (sprinkles of holy water... taps....nananana nananana hey hey good bye...bitter sobs...wales from onlookers....)
I went to Dallas this weekend and drowned my sorrows in one Margarita after another, while watching Houston lose Game 1. I was riding high after they lost...until I woke up this morning. I think I'm the big loser...my head is killing me...

OMFSCardsFan said:
I went to Dallas this weekend and drowned my sorrows in one Margarita after another, while watching Houston lose Game 1. I was riding high after they lost...until I woke up this morning. I think I'm the big loser...my head is killing me...

*****!

Sorry, that last post was really mean of me. I didn't mean to call you such a bad name.

north2southOMFS said:
Sorry, that last post was really mean of me. I didn't mean to call you such a bad name.

So, now that you work in a hospital do you where suspenders with your scrubs?