Computer vs. Written OAT

Hitman99

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm just about to register to write the OAT and I'm contemplating whether I should take the computerized version or the written. The main point I was worried about is that with the computer test, my scores will be sent to the schools 3 weeks after I write, whereas with the written, it may take from 6-8 weeks for this to take place. So my question is, if I send in my application package to the schools I'm interested in beforehand, will it matter when they recieve my OAT score to process my admission? As well, did anyone find that they would have preferred a written exam when they wrote the computer test?

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

I dont think it matters when they receive your OAT scores, they'll still weigh them the same regardless of the time they where recieved.

Im going to write the computerzied oat on Saturday, I dont think it will make a differance either way.

Hitman99 said:
Hey everyone,

I'm just about to register to write the OAT and I'm contemplating whether I should take the computerized version or the written. The main point I was worried about is that with the computer test, my scores will be sent to the schools 3 weeks after I write, whereas with the written, it may take from 6-8 weeks for this to take place. So my question is, if I send in my application package to the schools I'm interested in beforehand, will it matter when they recieve my OAT score to process my admission? As well, did anyone find that they would have preferred a written exam when they wrote the computer test?

Thanks!!

I took the computerized last weekend and did not find that I would have rather done the written. For reading comp you get an extra ten minutes for "scrolling" and I don't think it takes that much longer to "scroll". So, I think you get a bonus there... Also, you get your score as soon as you are done so you don't have to sit in agaony for weeks waiting for it to come in the mail.