General Admissions & OTCAS Completing pre-reqs after graduation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

confusedstudent20

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello--

i'm currently a senior majoring in psychology and just recently discovered that i wanted to do OT. the only thing is that i haven't taken the anatomy/physiology pre-reqs and i am already set to graduate this coming semester. does it look bad when applying to grad schools for OT if i take these pre-reqs after i've already graduated? i am still planning on taking them at my same university, just as a non-degree student.

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think it looks bad at all. I didn't know I wanted to do OT until over a year after graduation, so I took A&P at my local community college. I think many, if not most, OT applicants have similar situations. Don't worry about it! Good luck!

I agree with the above and will say that sometimes it's even in your favor to take it in a different college (e.g., your university's A&P instructor is terrible or the class is hyper-competitive/curved). It won't look bad if you take it elsewhere or post-graduation so my advice would be to take it wherever your best chance of getting an A is.

Members don't see this ad :)
echoing the advice above! I wouldn't worry about it. I went to an extremely rigorous school where I would have been taking anatomy/physiology with some really go-getter pre-med students who would be setting the curve. Decided it would be better overall to take mine at the local community college after graduation which is exactly what I did, and it worked out great! best of luck to you. :)

I applied to OT school nearly ten years after I finished college. And graduate school. None of which included any of the prereqs I needed to apply. I did my prereqs at a community college, because that was the only option that was affordable. And I still got into school :) So, it doesn't really matter.