COMLEX Step 2 High-Yield Topics and Review Textbooks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jleebo

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a third-year osteopathic medical student who is beginning to think about preparpation for COMLEX Step 2. I was hoping that previous osteopathic medical students could share their experience of which topics (ie. OB/GYN, IM, FP, Peds, etc.) where high-yield topics for COMLEX Step 2. Also, in regards to the high yield topics for COMLEX Step 2, I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for review textbooks that were must-reads (ie. Step-Up to Medicine, Blueprints OB/GYN, etc.) before the examination. Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,
I am a 4th year and would recommend First Aid for Step 2. I found many questions came from that and Boards and Wards. Make sure you know first aid inside and out and read Savarese and do the questions. The best approach to do well is to have a broad knowledge base and know the common diseases well! Good luck and hope this helps.

"Don't forget in the light, what you learned in the dark"

"read Savarese and do the questions"....what is savarese? I havent heard of this before....thanks