Columbia, South University (Apartment/housingSearch)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharmatics

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!
So this is my first post ever on this website and I hope I'm in the right section and I get replies.
First a Big Congratulations for everyone that got into Pharmacy school, especially the school of their choice.
Now, reason for my post is how are you guys going about looking for apartments? I'm coming from NY and I'm looking at 3 bedrooms down in SC that aren't that bad especially when split amongst 3 people. One I saw was like $700 at the Paddock Club to $900ish at the Wellspring Apartments. Majority of the places I'm looking at are furnished so I'm pleased with that.

Don't know if anyone is in search of a roommate, or still looking...so let me know:)
I'm 21/F/NY

Members don't see this ad.

Hey. my mother and I are going to look at apartments this weekend to see about prices. I am also looking for possible roommates. I don't know if I will be staying in an apartment near south or usc though. It depends on what we like and prices.

Hey. my mother and I are going to look at apartments this weekend to see about prices. I am also looking for possible roommates. I don't know if I will be staying in an apartment near south or usc though. It depends on what we like and prices.

Hey! My first Response--WhoOpii :)
Check out the website The loft at USC. Its roughly 11mins from the school and I applied for a 4bedroom which is $479 a month. So everyone pays like $119. The people there said if I'm not able to find a roommate they do peering with other students. But check out the website and if you like it then let me know :)

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Sounds a lot cheaper than around MUSC :)

Sounds a lot cheaper than around MUSC :)

Yea...google The Loft at USC. For 1 person its kinda costly, but for 4 people its $479/mo for a 1 year lease. Not bad if we all when split it into 4.

Are you sure that price isn't for each individual? I currently go to USC and most of the apartments are individual leases and the prices are per individual. I don't know anyone who lives at the loft but wanted to make sure.

Oh cool! thanks! Still not as bad as even prices in NYC, those you'll pass out too. They even ran out of 4bedroom arrangements, still looking around.

I went today and I really like the woodlands. Its a little pricey, 555 for 4 bedroom each person but very nice. I also liked university oaks, 499 for a 4 bedroom per person. I'm currently deciding between the two but they were the best from what I saw and things I've heard from friends that stay in most of the apartments around USC.

I went today and I really like the woodlands. Its a little pricey, 555 for 4 bedroom each person but very nice. I also liked university oaks, 499 for a 4 bedroom per person. I'm currently deciding between the two but they were the best from what I saw and things I've heard from friends that stay in most of the apartments around USC.

Hey!
Have you decided where yet? I was looking at the oaks---absolutely Gorgeous! When do you plan on moving in general or do you live in the area?

I currently go to school at USC. I haven't chosen yet, we have a housing fair coming up this week so I will probably decided after that. I hope to move in June.

Last edited:
I currently go to school at USC. I haven't chosen yet, we have a housing fair coming up this week so I will probably decided after that. I hope to move in June.

Hey! After looking around I'm actually considering Uoaks. Like the 4beds/4baths, hopefully they still have a few available. Are you done applying?

Hey! After looking around I'm actually considering Uoaks. Like the 4beds/4baths, hopefully they still have a few available. Are you done applying?

I looked at Uoaks and I actually liked it as well. The price was the best and it looked the best, other than the woodlands of course. I have not applied for it yet but I probably will be doing so this weekend.

Hey guys,
I'm also looking for housing/roommates and Uoaks looks really nice at a reasonable price. So once we apply, will they match us with other pharm students at South? I'd love to have a roommate that's in the same program! Thanks!

were you able to secure a place with them?

were you able to secure a place with them?

Yes I did. I signed my lease in like mid march and they were 91% full then. I think they are completely full now. But that is for next school term in august. If you trying to stay over the summer I believe you have to sublease from someone you is trying to leave for the summer.

yea that's what I'm in the process of doing. Will move in June 5th or 6th. Good to know I have a classmate there. Will def. meet June 8th....message me ur e-mail, if u get a chance

Hi all! I'll also be attending South at the Columbia in a few weeks and in need of a female roommate?? I signed a 2B lease with heron lake...anybody?

Sounds like a doable arrangement..... check inbox

Hey...sent you and e-mail. pending is your response/answer