Co-resident mutual relationships.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

simpledoc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
am starting this thread to dig your experiences regarding your relationships with your co-residents (NOT SENIORS) during the residency...i have a real a$$hole as a co-resident with me (who is also proud to be a a virgin!!) and though i try to be as accomodating and friendly as i possibly can, he ends up so competitive with me, as if he were ready to slit my throat to if i outshined him (which i normally do! ;) ) he feels insecure all the time and ends up being cold towards me all the time! however, i do wanna keep it simple with him so that i dont need to get stressed over this feeling..do any of you feel the same? how better can i handle this?
what about the OMFS guys? you guys need to spend like 6 years with your fellow residents....what in case they end up being a$$holes like the one above?

Members don't see this ad.

simpledoc said:
am starting this thread to dig your experiences regarding your relationships with your co-residents (NOT SENIORS) during the residency...i have a real a$$hole as a co-resident with me (who is also proud to be a a virgin!!) and though i try to be as accomodating and friendly as i possibly can, he ends up so competitive with me, as if he were ready to slit my throat to if i outshined him (which i normally do! ;) ) he feels insecure all the time and ends up being cold towards me all the time! however, i do wanna keep it simple with him so that i dont need to get stressed over this feeling..do any of you feel the same? how better can i handle this?
what about the OMFS guys? you guys need to spend like 6 years with your fellow residents....what in case they end up being a$$holes like the one above?

I don't think this is anything a bottle of JD and a $20 hooker can't cure. Of course getting him to take that first shot might be a bit tough.

simpledoc said:
I hope that your co-resident doesn't get started on SDN, or things may really get nasty between the two of you...

simpledoc said:

I guess if things are like this and dont resolve, at least you can look forward to your last few years in the residency. At least the 2 of you wont be in the same hospital. (i'm assuming each senior rotates to a different hospital)