Clue-free newbie seeks PCAT prediction!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wwalter311

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'll be taking the PCAT soon, and I'm anxiously trying to get some idea of how I'll do based on the study/assessment materials I have available.

So far, I have: the Kaplan MCAT book (originally thought of optometry, and that was recommended over Opt-specific books); a set of 3 MCATs, also from Kaplan I think; and the TopScore PCAT software.

My immediate question: I've taken test 1 of the TopScore and was surprised that it only provides a percent correct; how can I guesstimate scaled score and/or percentiles from that? Any experiences out there? (Or am I wrong--are the percentage numbers listed already estimated percentiles?? This just occurred to me, but I don't have the software in front of me.)

Similarly, can I project anything useful from the Kaplan MCAT books?

Thanks in advance,

Andy

Members don't see this ad.

Andy-
I wish I could offer advice on the books that you have, but I am not familiar with their content. However, I used the Kaplan PCAT review book and found it to be quite helpful. Best of luck.

I used the Barron's PCAT review book and I thought that was pretty good. I don't know about the MCAT books though. You might want to purchase at least one PCAT book so that you know what to expect. The two tests aren't that similar even though they do have some of the same test material.

...for the feedback. I guess I'll have to break down and get a PCAT prep book. Any recommendations?

Andy