General Admissions & OTCAS Choosing a School - Ranking Tool

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

elainag1993

Reaction score
Hi all,

I see a lot of folks asking how others chose a school. I just wanted to share part of my method! I created and used a weighted ranking spreadsheet. It obviously wasn't the only part of what I considered in my choice, but it did help me objectively look at different facets of the programs I got accepted into.

I put placeholder "factors" in the sheet, but you could look at factors like program focus, job/fieldwork placement, financial aid, faculty, research opportunities, resources/labs, culture, diversity, board pass rate, housing options, etc. So much more! This template only considers 5 factors since I didn't want to over-analyze too much, and the weight percentages are preset. Feel free to change this tool up as you please to suit you if you're handy with excel (I don't think I'd have the time right now to modify it myself).

Hope this helps at least one person!

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• Ranking Tool.xlsx
    23.5 KB · Views: 176
Reactions: 2 users
Hi all,

I see a lot of folks asking how others chose a school. I just wanted to share part of my method! I created and used a weighted ranking spreadsheet. It obviously wasn't the only part of what I considered in my choice, but it did help me objectively look at different facets of the programs I got accepted into.

I put placeholder "factors" in the sheet, but you could look at factors like program focus, job/fieldwork placement, financial aid, faculty, research opportunities, resources/labs, culture, diversity, board pass rate, housing options, etc. So much more! This template only considers 5 factors since I didn't want to over-analyze too much, and the weight percentages are preset. Feel free to change this tool up as you please to suit you if you're handy with excel (I don't think I'd have the time right now to modify it myself).

Hope this helps at least one person!
Hello everyone! I am responding to this post to bump this thread back up for you new round of applicants :) Hope even 1 person finds this useful and good luck to all!

Reactions: 1 users