Chemistry prerequisite

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tenghis

Probationary Status
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took CHEM 111 at Binghamton University, which was basically a one semester course that encompassed both Chem 1 & 2, and I got 4 credits. This was before I knew I wanted to enter podiatry. Had I known from the start, I would’ve taken Chem 107 & 108 (2 semesters = 8 credits) which also covers Chem 1 & 2. What are your suggestions on how I can fulfill the other 4 necessary credits? I was thinking of enrolling in Chem 1 or 2 in community college but I was thinking it would probably be problematic since Chem 111 already covers those subjects.

Members don't see this ad.

I would reach out to an admissions department at the podiatry schools. At Scholl they were very receptive to problem solving and discussing how to adjust for things like this. They might even allow a chemistry elective to count but call or email the schools and ask.

I took CHEM 111 at Binghamton University, which was basically a one semester course that encompassed both Chem 1 & 2, and I got 4 credits. This was before I knew I wanted to enter podiatry. Had I known from the start, I would’ve taken Chem 107 & 108 (2 semesters = 8 credits) which also covers Chem 1 & 2. What are your suggestions on how I can fulfill the other 4 necessary credits? I was thinking of enrolling in Chem 1 or 2 in community college but I was thinking it would probably be problematic since Chem 111 already covers those subjects.

You have to complete the premed requirements, and that includes the 8 credits of general chemistry (will have to retake any failed courses as well).
Before you do that, figure out what you want to pursue between Podiatry and dentistry.

Reactions: 1 user