Changing SLP to audiology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hbg53424

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a semester away from Masters in SLP, but i come to find out i am very much interested in audiology.... does anyone know how much it would take if I am to go in audiology after i graduate in speech pathology? any tip or idea????

Members don't see this ad.

IMO, complete your CFY, get your C's and then if you still want to do audiology, go for it! You've spent two long, hard years getting your Master's; you owe it to yourself to at least give SLP a shot in a non-academic setting. They're also positions as a SLP that incorporate knowledge of hearing disorders (like an Auditory-Verbal Therapist).

Just a thought.

You'll have to do the same program that everyone does. By that, I mean, none of your Master's SLP credits count for anything in the AuD program. I highly suggest finishing your porgram in its entirety. You might get into Audiology and hate it. At least you'll have a backup plan, not to mention, it can't really hurt to be double certified.