Changing DEA to another state

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1100659

So ill be taking a job in a new state and still have over two years left on my DEA. Is it free to change the DEA license over to the new state? How long did it typically take you if youve done it before?

I was thinking taking two week gap in between the jobs anyways, and on last day of current job submit the application for address change.

Do you need to have a DEA for credentialing in the new state you're getting credentialed in or will that matter? I already have the new state license.

Once i start the new job, I wont be prescribing at the old one so I wanted to save 800 dollars if possible, lol

Members don't see this ad.

It was free and fast to change my dea from one state to another-took about a week. My credentialing could not be completed until I had the dea moved to my current state though

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I believe it's free to change your address if the license is still not expired. Make sure you use the Change of Address form, not the renewal one, and do not submit for change of address until you have an approved state license for the new address.

Yeah I had to do the same thing. You can do it online for free as noted above as long as you’re totally transferring to the new address (will not be prescribing at all under old state).

Will it interfere if I do it a week before I start, and getting credentialed for the next 3 mo?