Chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cubbies96

Reaction score
I have a 3.56 cGPA and a 3.45 sGPA. My Dat stats are 19 AA, 20 TS, 20 GC, 23 OC, and 18 on everything else. I have decent extracurriculars and volunteering experience. What are my chances for landing an interview in dental schools in the midwest?

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on the schools. Apply to state schools if you have them, and then look to privates. Your gpa trend will matter right now more than the fact that it’s a 3.5.

Reactions: 2 users
Depends on the schools. Apply to state schools if you have them, and then look to privates. Your gpa trend will matter right now more than the fact that it’s a 3.5.
What about me?
I’m applying to dental schools this cycle and am wondering if I have a chance of getting interviews at decent schools. My stats are-
19AA
Bio- 21
Orgo- 20
Chem- 19
TS- 20
PAT- 18
GPA- 3.73 ( Graduated in 3 years )
sGPA- 3.52
Decent amount of shadowing and ECs with great rec letters from close professors and a family friend dentist.
Hopefully I can get some interviews!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I would say both of yall have a good chance at landing some interviews, your stats are pretty middle of the pack so your PS and LORs will probably matter quite a bit, but I think you both have a good chance. Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 user
I have a 3.56 cGPA and a 3.45 sGPA. My Dat stats are 19 AA, 20 TS, 20 GC, 23 OC, and 18 on everything else. I have decent extracurriculars and volunteering experience. What are my chances for landing an interview in dental schools in the midwest?
Have you heard back from any schools yet?

Your GPA and DAT looks good! I’d apply to at least 10 schools though.

Reactions: 1 user
Your GPA and DAT looks good! I’d apply to at least 10 schools though.
Thanks, and yes I applied to exactly 10 schools lol, all of our state schools and some private schools. Just worried because I applied in late July