Chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

perioxperiox999

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! So I just graduated from college with a degree in neuroscience, and I recently decided that I wanted to go to dental school so last summer. before that I had not good grades at all because i would never be motivated to study. but once i found out, i took so many upper level courses and got a 3.6 GPA in the fall with 5 science classes and then 3.75 this spring so i averaged a 3.659 science gpa in the 8 upper level courses I took. from those upper level courses, i took advanced cell biology, molecular genetics, organic chemistry lab, microbio+ lab, physiology+lab, advanced neuroscience, parasitology, another genetics class and got no less than a B+ in all. I have a 22 on my DAT, previously my science GPA was not good at all because i either had B's in all my pre reqs and also got a D in orgo 2 but I retook it and got an A along with a B+ in orgo lab this past semester, then I also got a D in genetics, but when i took molecular genetics this year i had a B+. I also did get an A in biochem. I also have a lot of hours with assisting and shadowing probably like 1500, lots of community service, and a bunch of other extracurriculars. Sorry for the long post i am just a little frustrated and stressed out because my science GPA will just be about a 3 since my bad grades before and they input the D's in and also my school has 3.5 as B+ and AADSAS downgrades them to a 3.33. I applied last cycle in october with none of my good grades in and also had a 19 on my DAT so i got rejected from all except for a few i havent heard back from but they're a lost cause anyways! does anyone have any advice for me concerning what schools to add or just if i should even apply? thank you so much !!!

Members don't see this ad.

I think the improvement is a good indicator so I would still apply if I were you.