Chances for UNC OOS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toothguy1

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I know UNC highly prefers in-state residents, but I was wondering if it was worth applying with my stats.

3.9 GPA

22 AA 22 TS 23 PAT

150+ shadowing, 100+ volunteer & other ec's

Members don't see this ad.

Still a gamble but go for it if you have the funds.

Reactions: 1 user
I had a near perfect gpa, 25AA and more volunteer hours with similar experience and was denied after an interview this cycle. But hey it may be still worth the shot!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I had a near perfect gpa, 25AA and more volunteer hours with similar experience and was denied after an interview this cycle. But hey it may be still worth the shot!
Do you think it was because you were later in the cycle?

Do you think it was because you were later in the cycle?
Ehh potentially. My application was finished late August and I still got an interview. Could've been that I maybe didn't have as much dental experience as other applicants. Or maybe my student interview didn't rate me a 3/3 (for OOS all three interviewees have to rate you 3/3). Also they may have figured that I would've gotten into UF so why waste one of their OOS spots on someone who has such a good state school that is kinda similar which they can easily attend. But who knows!

Hey guys,

I know UNC highly prefers in-state residents, but I was wondering if it was worth applying with my stats.

3.9 GPA

22 AA 22 TS 23 PAT

150+ shadowing, 100+ volunteer & other ec's
I was in a similar boat and knew that the chances were slim. However, I spent the money to apply knowing that if I were able to miraculously get accepted, I would be able to save a lot in the end (in-state tuition after the first year), compared to the other dream schools that I had. I definitely think it is worth applying to the program. PM me if you have any questions.

Reactions: 1 users