Chances at dental school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deleted918051

fsdfkdsmfdfmldfsd

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
you will be fine!!!! I say go for it! I would not do 2 gap years unless you feel it would improve or strengthen your application. I did not take a gap year and I had similar scores and gpa as you.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
you will be fine!!!! I say go for it! I would not do 2 gap years unless you feel it would improve or strengthen your application. I did not take a gap year and I had similar scores and gpa as you.
Thank you so much !

DAT Scores:
- QR: 19
- PAT: 19
- RC: 29
- GC: 22
- Bio: 20
- OC: 20
- TS: 21
- AA: 22
My pat is kinda low, and my AA is heavily influenced by my RC score

- GPA: 3.50
- Sci gpa: 3.40
- goes to top 20 university
- did research for 3 years, ~1000 hours, 1 publication
- shadowing for 200 hours, clinical experience ~300 hours
- eboard for a club, TA for classes
- volunteer 100 hours
- doing abroad volunteering for gap year and get some clinical experience
what are my chances of this cycle? I know this is kind of hard to decide but should I take 2 gap years instead of one? Thanks for much for all of output :)
Very nice, OP! Loving that RC score. Best of luck to you. I think you'll do great.

what does that mean lol
It means that nobody really knows your chances, so me saying 13 is as useful to you as someone else saying 60 or 70%. Nobody is on ADCOM and all of adcom is basically a crap shoot. I'd just make a school list by looking at what schools you fit into the average acceptance stats with. Your scores seem fine, your GPA is a tad low, but your ECs are pretty good. I'd be cautious about taking 2 gap years. Your DAT is only eligible for 3 years, so if you apply after 2 years and don't get in, then you'd basically have to take the DAT again.

Good chance, apply broadly and interview well. We can’t really tell you much more than that

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
It means that nobody really knows your chances, so me saying 13 is as useful to you as someone else saying 60 or 70%. Nobody is on ADCOM and all of adcom is basically a crap shoot. I'd just make a school list by looking at what schools you fit into the average acceptance stats with. Your scores seem fine, your GPA is a tad low, but your ECs are pretty good. I'd be cautious about taking 2 gap years. Your DAT is only eligible for 3 years, so if you apply after 2 years and don't get in, then you'd basically have to take the DAT again.
Haha, i know thats for the feedback, I know its hard to estimate but I want to get different perspectives since pre-dental at my university is not common, so I don't really know anyone and my advisors can be a bit harsh. But thanks so much for your reply!

DAT Scores:
- QR: 19
- PAT: 19
- RC: 29
- GC: 22
- Bio: 20
- OC: 20
- TS: 21
- AA: 22
My pat is kinda low, and my AA is heavily influenced by my RC score

- GPA: 3.50
- Sci gpa: 3.40
- goes to top 20 university
- did research for 3 years, ~1000 hours, 1 publication
- shadowing for 200 hours, clinical experience ~300 hours
- eboard for a club, TA for classes
- volunteer 100 hours
- doing abroad volunteering for gap year and get some clinical experience
what are my chances of this cycle? I know this is kind of hard to decide but should I take 2 gap years instead of one? Thanks for much for all of output :)

Apply Early!! Good Luck!!

What’s your school list?
I know its very important to apply broadly, so far I have (I'm a NY state resident btw) went to a university in NY and originally from NYC. \
I know I have a lot of reach schools ... : ( but I was wondering if theres any recommendations for which schools i should apply to? thanks a ton !
1. Stony brook
2. U buffalo
3. Columbia
4. U Penn
5. NYU
6. Tufts
7. Boston U
8. U Maryland
9. Rutgers
10. U Florida
11. Case Western
12. Temple
13. U Conn
14. U pittsburg
15. USC

I have a quick question. I got two Ds while taking one pre rec course. (Bio 1) Does that mean my chances of dental school are over?

I have a quick question. I got two Ds while taking one pre rec course. (Bio 1) Does that mean my chances of dental school are over?
Did you retake these classes that you got a D in?

Your GPA is barely below average at most schools for accepted students but your dat is solid. Really great extracurriculars, better than most people I know. I would be happy applying and not anxious.

Your GPA is barely below average at most schools for accepted students but your dat is solid. Really great extracurriculars, better than most people I know. I would be happy applying and not anxious.
thanks for much for the encouragement ! crossing my fingers

Status
Not open for further replies.