Chance me

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smile matters

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a re-applicant and would like to hear opinions.
  • oGPA: 3.3
  • sGPA: 3.09
  • DAT: 17 but retaking
  • Shadowing: 200
  • Volunteering: 250
Only applied to 4 schools last cycle with lower oGPA and sGPA. I am hoping to get a 21 on the DAT this time.

Members don't see this ad.

Realistically, it would be better to be safe and just take courses to boost the gpa, a 21 will do you good if you research OOS friendly schools within your stats and apply to 15+. You should aim for a 30 and be happy with whatever you get though

I am a re-applicant and would like to hear opinions.
  • oGPA: 3.3
  • sGPA: 3.09
  • DAT: 17 but retaking
  • Shadowing: 200
  • Volunteering: 250
Only applied to 4 schools last cycle with lower oGPA and sGPA. I am hoping to get a 21 on the DAT this time.
You should do a postbac/SMP to raise your GPA in addition to scoring a 21+ to significantly increase your chances. Apply to 10+ schools at least to be safe

Members don't see this ad :)
Realistically, it would be better to be safe and just take courses to boost the gpa, a 21 will do you good if you research OOS friendly schools within your stats and apply to 15+. You should aim for a 30 and be happy with whatever you get though
I just graduated so do you thinking taking couple courses over summer before applying (informal postbacc) would help?

Get a 21+ on your DAT by studying full time for 2-3 months and try to take a few summer courses in the first session of the summer and get As in them, then apply. Hopefully that'll bring your GPA to at least a 3.15 and I think you'd have a fair chance if you apply to 20 schools. Use this time now that you have off from school to study the DAT and take it in May. A 21 might be fine but for your GPA you really want to get a 22-23 (or higher). It's achievable, most of the people that get those scores just put a lot of time into studying the right resources.

Really try to find 2-3 summer session I courses that are relevant though (microbio, immuno, histo, anatomy, phys). A's in those, a 22-23 and 20 schools should hopefully give you a fair chance somewhere.

Reactions: 1 user
Get a 21+ on your DAT by studying full time for 2-3 months and try to take a few summer courses in the first session of the summer and get As in them, then apply. Hopefully that'll bring your GPA to at least a 3.15 and I think you'd have a fair chance if you apply to 20 schools. Use this time now that you have off from school to study the DAT and take it in May. A 21 might be fine but for your GPA you really want to get a 22-23 (or higher). It's achievable, most of the people that get those scores just put a lot of time into studying the right resources.

Really try to find 2-3 summer session I courses that are relevant though (microbio, immuno, histo, anatomy, phys). A's in those, a 22-23 and 20 schools should hopefully give you a fair chance somewhere.
Thank you!! yea I am going work my hardest ever and aim for me like you said. Also, my BCP is 3.18. Do school look at sGPA or BCP?

Both, maybe BCP is a little more important just because it doesn't include math. I'd try to ask someone in admissions their opinion on that. PM me if you need help putting together a list of schools