Chance me please!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentaldreamer95

Reaction score
Sorry I am sure people are sick of these posts, but I really need to know if I have a chance. I am a second time applicant. I have a low GPA of: oGPA 3.34 and sGPA 3.27.
The first time I applied, my DAT score was:
18 AA
17 TS
16 Bio
17 GC
18 OC
18 PA
17 QR
20 RC
I recently retook the DAT, and my scores this time were
22 AA
21 TS
20 Bio
22 GC
21 OC
21 PA
22 QR
23 RC
I am applying to 16 schools, but I just submitted my application on August 1st. Do I have a chance?
Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry I am sure people are sick of these posts, but I really need to know if I have a chance. I am a second time applicant. I have a low GPA of: oGPA 3.34 and sGPA 3.27.
18 AA
17 TS
16 Bio
17 GC
18 OC
18 PA
17 QR
20 RC
22 AA
21 TS
20 Bio
22 GC
21 OC
21 PA
22 QR
23 RC
I am applying to 16 schools, but I just submitted my application on August 1st. Do I have a chance?
Thank you!!
Did you receive any invites before?

Did you receive any invites before?
No, unfortunately I did not! But my GPA was also a little lower before because I hadn't finished my undergrad, so none of my senior year classes were on my application and I also re-took two classes that I got C's in and ended up getting A's.

Members don't see this ad :)
No, unfortunately I did not! But my GPA was also a little lower before because I hadn't finished my undergrad, so none of my senior year classes were on my application and I also re-took two classes that I got C's in and ended up getting A's.
Your DAT is strong. I would have recommended uploading application in June. I think you have a chance, especially if you applied to private and your state school. Good luck!

That is such an amazing jump in your scores! Is there anything specific that you did/studied that helped you improve your scores? Congratulations!! I'm sure you will be really commended for this jump and be invited to multiple interviews.

Your DAT is strong. I would have recommended uploading application in June. I think you have a chance, especially if you applied to private and your state school. Good luck!
Yeah I know :( I had all of my application done in June, but could not get my last letter of rec so that's why it took me so long it was very frustrating!! Thanks so much for your response!!!

That is such an amazing jump in your scores! Is there anything specific that you did/studied that helped you improve your scores? Congratulations!! I'm sure you will be really commended for this jump and be invited to multiple interviews.
Thank you so much!!!!! The first time, I did not focus on biology as much as I should have, and I also re-took organic chemistry between the two tests which I think helped a lot. I also had not purchased DAT bootcamp for the first test, and after using it for the second test I really think that is what helped me boost my scores so much. Definitely worth the investment!!

Reactions: 1 user
18 AA
17 TS
16 Bio
17 GC
18 OC
18 PA
17 QR
20 RC
22 AA
21 TS
20 Bio
22 GC
21 OC
21 PA
22 QR
23 RC
Thank you!!

Hey OP,

I was also a reapplicant last cycle with similar stats, submission date, and I received 4 interview invites (2 pre dec, 2 post dec)! Good luck with everything and feel free to PM me.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey OP,

I was also a reapplicant last cycle with similar stats, submission date, and I received 4 interview invites (2 pre dec, 2 post dec)! Good luck with everything and feel free to PM me.
Where were your interviews?

I’m applying to dental schools this cycle and am wondering if I have a chance of getting interviews at decent schools. My stats are-
19AA
Bio- 21
Orgo- 20
Chem- 19
TS- 20
PAT- 18
GPA- 3.73 ( Graduated in 3 years )
sGPA- 3.52
Decent amount of shadowing and ECs with great rec letters from close professors and a family friend dentist.
Hopefully I can get some interviews, I’m freaking out I need some advice lol

I would expect you to get some interviews. I have a lower GPA and a slightly better DAT and I have two interviews already. I’m praying for a couple more too. It’s just a waiting game...