CCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lynn

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is everyone's opinion about CCOM? Reputation, curriculum, clinical affilitions, graduate placements, board scores? Any info would be nice.

Members don't see this ad.

Lynn,

CCOM has an awesome reputation. They have a formal affiliation with Cook County Hospital, the hospital that inspired the ER show. Graduates of that school go into top-flight residencies and careers. The acting chief of staff at Univ. of Washington in Anesthesiology is a CCOM graduate. I turned down an interview there because I knew I would hate the weather and being so far away from my family.

EDGAR

Lynn,
CCOM has affiliations with two osteopathic hospitals. They have the convenience of on-campus housing if you're interested.Their faculty is huge it's location allows access to metropolitan and suburban life. It also has a great reputation.Students perform well on the boards.They're very supportive of student activities such as intramural sports to relax a bit. Plus if you are into fitness, their gym is great because it used to be a YMCA or something. Danny