CCOM Discussion Thread 2010-2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
did you guys receive any communication from ccom (via mail/email) for orientation and fingerprint background checks?

Members don't see this ad.

did you guys receive any communication from ccom (via mail/email) for orientation and fingerprint background checks?

all this should be in your midwestern email account which is your firstname.lastname and the same password as you use for your online midwestern account

thanks for the prompt reply mommy2three. i have been consistently checking my ccom acct and the only emails i am getting are cafeteria menus and schedules for the various exercise classes.

i guess my question is what emails (if any) has the class of 2015 gotten in regards to orientation/class schedules etc?

Members don't see this ad :)
most students have received an email to their midwestern email acct with 'orientation' in the subject line...and it has a lot of attachments including the orientation schedule, however we have not gotten our class schedule yet.

Thus far, I've received information regarding orientation, but nothing about fingerprinting.

I am graduating with a major in Biology-Health Care Science and a minor in Chemistry in May of 2012. Right now, I have a cGPA of 3.6 and a sGPA of 3.52. I have worked well over a thousand hours as a physician scribe in an Emergency Department and have also worked as a phlebotomist and clinical lab assistant. I have good volunteer work and EC's that span many different areas besides medicine. One of the physicians I work under as a scribe is a DO and went to CCOM; he agreed to write me a stellar LOR for my CCOM application. My only concern is the MCAT as I have not taken it yet. My plan is to take the MCAT late August or one of the first available in September. My primary was submitted two weeks ago and is still in the process of being verified. What are the chances given my late MCAT date and how well do you all think I need to do to be a serious competitor for CCOM?

I am graduating with a major in Biology-Health Care Science and a minor in Chemistry in May of 2012. Right now, I have a cGPA of 3.6 and a sGPA of 3.52. I have worked well over a thousand hours as a physician scribe in an Emergency Department and have also worked as a phlebotomist and clinical lab assistant. I have good volunteer work and EC's that span many different areas besides medicine. One of the physicians I work under as a scribe is a DO and went to CCOM; he agreed to write me a stellar LOR for my CCOM application. My only concern is the MCAT as I have not taken it yet. My plan is to take the MCAT late August or one of the first available in September. My primary was submitted two weeks ago and is still in the process of being verified. What are the chances given my late MCAT date and how well do you all think I need to do to be a serious competitor for CCOM?

side note: wrong thread

but since you're asking, if you're meant to be a doctor, you will become one even with terrible credentials, I know people with stellar applications, who did not get in. And LOI, LOR, calling admission, shooting emails, shadowing, 3 years of research, awards, etc do not matter- I can say it with most confidence.
Asking others for their opinions won't do you any good, each case is unique, comparing ourselves to others with similar qualifications brings us only disappointment when we find out that others succeeded and we did not...

Just withdrew today to go a school closer to home. Whoever gets my spot will be joining an incredible group of students