CCO Interview Feedback?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

osugirl2021

Reaction score
For people who have already interviewed here this year, what types of questions did they ask? How many people were in your interview? How long was it? Any feedback will help! I am preparing for my interview on Monday :)

Members don't see this ad.

For people who have already interviewed here this year, what types of questions did they ask? How many people were in your interview? How long was it? Any feedback will help! I am preparing for my interview on Monday :)

Hi, I believe you mistakenly combined two schools, theres Midwestern University (Chicago College of Optometry) and then theres the Illinois College of Optometry, so might wanna clarify which one

Hi, I believe you mistakenly combined two schools, theres Midwestern University (Chicago College of Optometry) and then theres the Illinois College of Optometry, so might wanna clarify which one

Oops! I meant CCO!

Members don't see this ad :)
It started off with introductions of everyone (I think there were about 15 students). We split into two groups. One group did a virtual tour and q&a with students. It was pretty chill. In the other group, you are just talking to students and you get pulled in for an interview at any time. There are 2 optometrists. They ask you basic questions about yourself, campus activites/clubs, optometry experiences (nothing about academics), although they may ask how you feel you did in undergrad, but its a closed file and they know nothing about you! It was super conversational and they were really nice and welcoming. Just be ready to talk about yourself and experiences! :) Goodluck!

It started off with introductions of everyone (I think there were about 15 students). We split into two groups. One group did a virtual tour and q&a with students. It was pretty chill. In the other group, you are just talking to students and you get pulled in for an interview at any time. There are 2 optometrists. They ask you basic questions about yourself, campus activites/clubs, optometry experiences (nothing about academics), although they may ask how you feel you did in undergrad, but its a closed file and they know nothing about you! It was super conversational and they were really nice and welcoming. Just be ready to talk about yourself and experiences! :) Goodluck!

Thank you for this feedback! What were some types of questions they asked you and how long was it? I heard one person say the interview lasted about 30 minutes.

Thank you for this feedback! What were some types of questions they asked you and how long was it? I heard one person say the interview lasted about 30 minutes.
It was about 20 minutes and really just conversational/getting to know you as a person. Some reflection questions on how you did as an undergraduate student and test taking, etc., but the typically questions of why Optometry and why their school.