CBSE Retake Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

1Forrest123

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, so I got a 71% raw score on the CBSE which equals about a 76 old score from what I see. I've come this far and I can't convince myself to not retake the exam, particularly because I feel like I left some points on the table. Ethics was my worst section and I finished ~75% of UWorld.

My question for you all is how should I use the next 6 months.

My plan: Finish the remaining 25% of UWorld. Do all old NBME exams, finish all of Amboss, use Sketchy and Pixorize for memorization and Pathoma and Bootcamp to fill in gaps of understanding.

But now I'm second-guessing myself. My weakness has always been memorization and I'm feeling pressure to use Anki. However, I tried the Anking deck and although it was helpful I found myself doing 4 hours of Anki a day and not getting to much else. Maybe I can fit 2 hours into my schedule but 4 hours seems like a waste of time. I'm thinking I should just pick the subjects I'm weak at or maybe I'm just super inefficient and need to be better at reviewing cards faster.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Have you done any of the old NBMEs? How many Amboss Qs do you have left?

Members don't see this ad :)
I basically haven't done any Amboss, and I've done like 5 of the past 10 NBME exams
If I were you I'd just rip Amboss/Uworld at an appropriate (8-10q/hour) pace until mid-December then do old NBMEs. NBME should take 2-3 days to review answers appropriately, so if your still in school probably 6 weeks of review total based on just NBME exams. I wouldn't even bother with content review considering your score and weak areas.

Reactions: 1 user