Casper

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2024 or 5 ?

Reaction score
How important is the Casper in getting into medical school?

Members don't see this ad.

How important is the Casper in getting into medical school?
It's as important as it is to get into any job or any program that decides to use it. You'd have to ask each program how they use it, and there are more PA programs that use Casper than MD/DO programs as far as we know (within in the US/Canada).

For those who are wondering what CASPer is (from What is the CASPer Test for Medical Schools? | CASPer Exam | MedSchoolCoach)....

CASPer is the Computer-based Assessment for Sampling Personal Characteristics. CASPer is a situational judgement test (SJT) that evaluates professionalism and non-cognitive skills such as collaboration, motivation, ethics, and empathy.

It is an online, web-based computer test that takes about 80 minutes. It was started to be utilized in Canada, but now has been also utilized in more than 60 United States based medical school admissions and about a dozen residency programs

Reactions: 1 user
I had like 5 of the 26 schools I applied to that required it, and have interviewed at one of them so far, and it seemed like they really valued problem solving attributes and even gave me a hypothetical scenario compared to the other schools I have interviewed at

Reactions: 1 user