CASPER

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lolaaa

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I'm trying to submit my application in June 1st but I haven't taken CASPER yet. Do medical schools look at my application early if CASPER is not submitted? I'll schedule to take it in late May but scores won't be back until mid June. Everything else would be completed except for that test. I'm really concerned because I already have lower chances in getting accepted due to my citizenship status and I wanted to apply as early as possible. Please let me know what you think! thanks

Members don't see this ad.

CASPER scores take 3-4 weeks to get submitted to schools. AMCAS verification can take a similar amount of time. Applications will not be sent to medical schools until June 25. In other words, you will be fine because medical schools wont even have your application yet.

CASPER scores take 3-4 weeks to get submitted to schools. AMCAS verification can take a similar amount of time. Applications will not be sent to medical schools until June 25. In other words, you will be fine because medical schools wont even have your application yet
but isn't it like a rolling admission? so like those who have completed applications would be reviewed first and if I don't have CASPER by then my application would be considered incomplete and not reviewed first?

but isn't it like a rolling admission? so like those who have completed applications would be reviewed first and if I don't have CASPER by then my application would be considered incomplete and not reviewed first?
I think you are overthinking this. AAMC verifies your app independently of CASPER. Schools will then only review when you are complete (that is a verified AMCAS application + a casper score + letters of rec + secondaries sent to the school). If your amcas application is transmitted June 25 you will be on time because CASPER will have already been sent (3 weeks from end of may is before June 25). It is then up to schools specifically on the order in which to review

Members don't see this ad :)
I think you are overthinking this. AAMC verifies your app independently of CASPER. Schools will then only review when you are complete (that is a verified AMCAS application + a casper score + letters of rec + secondaries sent to the school). If your amcas application is transmitted June 25 you will be on time because CASPER will have already been sent (3 weeks from end of may is before June 25). It is then up to schools specifically on the order in which to review
ohhh I see thanks for the clarification!

heyy sorry but I just wanted to make sure. If I take it in June 3rd, would it delay getting my application reviewed for DO schools? I hear some people saying that CASPER is independent of the primary application that we can submit on June 1st and CASPER is usually required by the time they send us secondaries and not after. So basically it's not necessary to have CASPER by the time medical schools start reviewing applications (June 15 for DO and June 25th for MD) to be considered an early applicant. is that right?

heyy sorry but I just wanted to make sure. If I take it in June 3rd, would it delay getting my application reviewed for DO schools? I hear some people saying that CASPER is independent of the primary application that we can submit on June 1st and CASPER is usually required by the time they send us secondaries and not after. So basically it's not necessary to have CASPER by the time medical schools start reviewing applications (June 15 for DO and June 25th for MD) to be considered an early applicant. is that right?

Either way, you have to take CASPer on this date in June anyway, right? So it doesn't really matter all these little details you're overthinking. It seems to be beyond your control at this point. Relax and take the process one step at a time, it is a very long road to get super anxious about any given thing this early.

Either way, you have to take CASPer on this date in June anyway, right? So it doesn't really matter all these little details you're overthinking. It seems to be beyond your control at this point. Relax and take the process one step at a time, it is a very long road to get super anxious about any given thing this early.
Thanks for your reply! I have the option of taking it on May 20th but I think I'm alittle nervous to take it in 4 days. If taking it in June 3rd would delay getting my application reviewed for DO schools, then I would take it in May 20th. And you're right, I need to relax lol

Thanks for your reply! I have the option of taking it on May 20th but I think I'm alittle nervous to take it in 4 days. If taking it in June 3rd would delay getting my application reviewed for DO schools, then I would take it in May 20th. And you're right, I need to relax lol

I would just take it as soon as possible. It's not anything you need to prepare for in any way shape or form, unless you're a slow typer. If anything, look at examples of questions online just to get an idea. An easy pass is simply addressing both angles of the problem clearly, stating how you understand both sides, and explicitly picking a side with sound reasoning.

Reactions: 1 user