CASPeR Snapshot: Which schools care?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

freezer_dweller

Reaction score
As many of you know, Altus recently came out with the "CASPeR snapshot," a video interview tool for pre-med students. I am trying to find out which medical schools are using this and which are not. From emailing admissions offices, here is what I know so far:

Boston University: Not using it (confirmed)
University of Michigan: Not using it (confirmed)
Drexel University: Not using it (confirmed)
Medical College of Wisconsin: I emailed their admissions office, no reply yet

Do any of you have info about other schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
MSAR that AAMC provided

If this link works - it's the list that usually AAMC gives to advisors and has all of the schools listed and what assessment (CASPer, SJT, etc.) they require. I've had it sitting open in my tabs for a while so if the link doesn't work, I'll try to retrace my steps to how I got to it.

MSAR that AAMC provided

If this link works - it's the list that usually AAMC gives to advisors and has all of the schools listed and what assessment (CASPer, SJT, etc.) they require. I've had it sitting open in my tabs for a while so if the link doesn't work, I'll try to retrace my steps to how I got to it.
I have not been able to find anything on the CASPeR snapshot on MSAR... has anyone else?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have not been able to find anything on the CASPeR snapshot on MSAR... has anyone else?

Havent heard of any schools that will use it. Michigan specifically came out and said it was a surprise to them and they dont care about it although if you wanted to take it for fun, you're free to do so.

You won't -- it's too new. Best bet is to check directly with the schools. So far, nobody has reported any school saying they wanted it. If you don't want to go to the trouble, you probably understand why nobody else does either! :) You can be sure any school that requires it will let you know.

is casper snapshot the same thing as casper? none of the schools on my current list are using casper but am curious (in case i have room to add more)

is casper snapshot the same thing as casper? none of the schools on my current list are using casper but am curious (in case i have room to add more)
No -- It's CASPer's answer to VITA, but they apparently did not take the time to bring the schools onboard before they started sending invitations out to people taking CASPer. If you aren't familiar with VITA, Google AAMC VITA to see what it is.

I didn't even realize this was about the snapshot! I just took my CASPer and saw that afterward and came here to find answers - oops. From what I've gathered, you can just record it and they have the option to view it. I'd assume schools that are waiving MCATs or reviewing apps more "holistically" would probably be interested in it. I see it as a kind of forced interview, though, so I'm definitely doing it.

As many of you know, Altus recently came out with the "CASPeR snapshot," a video interview tool for pre-med students. I am trying to find out which medical schools are using this and which are not. From emailing admissions offices, here is what I know so far:

Boston University: Not using it (confirmed)
University of Michigan: Not using it (confirmed)
Drexel University: Not using it (confirmed)
Medical College of Wisconsin: I emailed their admissions office, no reply yet

Do any of you have info about other schools?
Did you ever hear back from Wisconsin?