career change

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmdeep

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
delete

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I am in the process of making a career change into industrial hygiene. Being a retail pharmacist for 10 years gave me tunnel vision and i thought leaving pharmacy would be the end of the world for me. COVID changed all that for me. I took time off, renovated my house (which is about to sell) and started searching for options outside of pharmacy for a pharmacist. I don't know whether i will succeed or not but pharmacy is a great fall back plan if i fail. Just putting this out there for anyone who wants to attempt a career change....learning a trade/skill can be a lot more lucrative than working at CVS. Start networking with successful people and find out what they do. I was lucky enough to have a family member who ran a very successful business and gave me a lot of guidance. There are people who work for him with only a high school degree who make the same (if not more) as a retail pharmacist and that was enough to convince me to jump ship.
Can we have more detail? I want to do a start up myself, but have no guidance and don't want to screw up financially. I don't have any programing or engineering degree, so the techies would have more leverage than me if I were to partner up. How do you avoid getting screwed over. I'm willing to put in the effort to network and market to investors.

Reactions: 1 user
Can we have more detail? I want to do a start up myself, but have no guidance and don't want to screw up financially. I don't have any programing or engineering degree, so the techies would have more leverage than me if I were to partner up. How do you avoid getting screwed over. I'm willing to put in the effort to network and market to investors.

delete

Last edited: