Canadian (Alberta) Dental Licensure

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MavsFanForLife

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am currently at an accredited USA dental school, and I am American. My wife is Canadian and would love to end back in her hometown in the southern alberta area. I am familiar with the licensing process in America, but I have no idea about the process in Alberta. From what I have gathered I take the OSCE (a more clinically based written exam) and the some other written exam? Does that mean there is no live patient of even mannequin type of exam?! Thank you for any input

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm looking into this as well. I am a US trained dentist looking to become licensed in Canada. From my understanding an accredited US dental school will meet the education requirements. We just need to the NDEB and the OSCE exam. I've been checking the forums to see what study materials are recommended but I'm not having too much luck. Worst case scenario I will use my study material from the US NDBE II and hope for the best. Dentistry is dentistry at the end of the day lol

I'm looking into this as well. I am a US trained dentist looking to become licensed in Canada. From my understanding an accredited US dental school will meet the education requirements. We just need to the NDEB and the OSCE exam. I've been checking the forums to see what study materials are recommended but I'm not having too much luck. Worst case scenario I will use my study material from the US NDBE II and hope for the best. Dentistry is dentistry at the end of the day lol
Hi. Have you taken the exam yet? I would like to take it and I need more information

Members don't see this ad :)
I know this is late, but I just saw this. Yes, US accredited programs qualify. You just need the NDEB (which is the written + OSCE), then you can become certified by sending in your transcripts. After that, you are just an application and fee away from your license.
I’m assuming you have since gone through all this. Did I miss anything? I’ve gone as far as certification, but didn’t apply for a license.