Can you still do HPSP with no degree?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SCDP

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I were to apply early and get in without having a bachelors before matriculation, can I still do the HPSP or would I have to have a degree before matriculation?

Members don't see this ad.

The rules for HPSP are: Be accepted for admission to, or enrolled in, an institution in a course of study in the US or Peurto Rico.

If a school accepts you without a four-year degree, you can apply for the HPSP.

Sweet! So if I get in early I could be 25 years old with no debt, 20k sign on bonus plus around 90k in cash from 4 years stipend (won't touch the stipend or sign on bonus b/c parents covering living costs) making around 70k a year in the military? Hell that sounds like a great deal. Better than being 25 years old with 300k in debt making 150k.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sweet! So if I get in early I could be 25 years old with no debt, 20k sign on bonus plus around 90k in cash from 4 years stipend (won't touch the stipend or sign on bonus b/c parents covering living costs) making around 70k a year in the military? Hell that sounds like a great deal. Better than being 25 years old with 300k in debt making 150k.

That sounds pretty sweet! You're set man. Just make sure you're OK with the idea being deployed for long periods of time, abiding by the Uniform Code of Military Justice, etc.

It's actually 80-95k per year. It depends on where you're situated, have any dependents etc.

The rules for HPSP are: Be accepted for admission to, or enrolled in, an institution in a course of study in the US or Peurto Rico.

If a school accepts you without a four-year degree, you can apply for the HPSP.

I have been told otherwise by army and navy recruiters. They say the problem is you cannot serve as an officer if you don't have a college degree. Are these recruiters just misinformed? I am applying to dental school with the intention of not finishing my degree, and I really want to participate in HPSP! Is there some way an exception could be made for people in my situation? (If I am fortunate enough to be accepted this year)