Can someone please chance me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

garrypayton

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Non-traditional student here, i worked as a social worker for almost a year after completing my undergrad. I also have a masters in biomedical sciences. Stats are as follows:
cumulative uGPA = 3.0, cumulative science GPA = 3.2 (i didn't include other science courses i took below like neuroscience, anatomy, etc). Graduate GPA = 3.53. I have still yet to write the DAT this summer, but aiming for a 20+. 200+ shadowing hours, alot of community work since i worked as a social worker helping kids that are high risk and at disadvantage. Strong LORs from physics professor, dentist, and 2 graduate school professors, and my manager. Below is a list of core pre-req courses.
Chem 1 = A
Chem 2 = B+
Organic Chem 1 = A
Biochemistry = A
Physics 1 = C+
Physics 2 = A
Bio 1 = C+
Bio 2 = B
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,
Non-traditional student here, i worked as a social worker for almost a year after completing my undergrad. I also have a masters in biomedical sciences. Stats are as follows:
cumulative uGPA = 3.0, cumulative science GPA = 3.2 (i didn't include other science courses i took below like neuroscience, anatomy, etc). Graduate GPA = 3.53. I have still yet to write the DAT this summer, but aiming for a 20+. 200+ shadowing hours, alot of community work since i worked as a social worker helping kids that are high risk and at disadvantage. Strong LORs from physics professor, dentist, and 2 graduate school professors, and my manager. Below is a list of core pre-req courses.
Chem 1 = A
Chem 2 = B+
Organic Chem 1 = A
Biochemistry = A
Physics 1 = C+
Physics 2 = A
Bio 1 = C+
Bio 2 = B
Thanks

Calculator your BCP with all Bio Chem and Phys classes because that’s the most important. Nobody knows. Get a 22+ your chances are good, get 18- your chances are bad

I also have research experience in a lab and going to work as a dental assistant from this summer if that helps

Members don't see this ad :)
I think you'll be fine with a 21+ DAT.

Reactions: 1 user
There should be a rule on these chance me threads to have a DAT and GPA. A 4.0 means nothing with a 16 DAT and a 3.2 is fine with a 28. Everything else is speculation.

DAT scores and GPA are not everything. Your background as a social worker helping disadvantaged kids is unique. Make sure to emphasize that in your personal statement. Work hard to ace the DAT, and I think you'll have a shot at a number of schools.

Reactions: 2 users