Can my friend get in this cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LatePrePharm

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
She got a BS then started working retail pharmacy for 4 years. Then she moved to hospital pharmacy and has been there 2 years. During that time she did prereq classes and only has one more to go.

She took the July PCAT and did bad.
Bio - 30, Chem - 30, Qaunt - 9, Reading - 85.
I don't know her composite or how to estimate it
Her GPA is around a 3.3
We were going to apply to pharmacy school together, but now we are both wondering if she still has a chance this cycle. She is applying early decision.

Members don't see this ad.

Not with those scores unless she's applying to a program that doesn't require the PCAT.

She will get in easily. Pharmacy schools will accept just about anyone nowadays. The hard part is being $200k+ in debt and actually landing a job in the saturated job market to pay those loans off.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
A BS with those scores? What was her degree in?

She studied a language.
Makes more sense. She's got good experience and an okay GPA. She'd likely have to re-take the PCAT though. Can she retake in time for this cycle? Skipping the early decision? The bio and chem scores are kinda meh to me, but her quant score scares me. There is a decent amount of daily math in a pharmacist's job, she'll need to figure out what went wrong with that score and correct it.

Like someone else stated, she would a great candidate for programs that don't look at the PCAT. Another option would be a Nontraditional Pharm.D. program which is aimed at pharmacist in her situation (ie got a BS, works as a pharmacists but now needs a Pharm.D.). Good luck to you both!