Can I cancel my PCAT score being sent to the schools I selected?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nerdeka

Female
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Title. Don't want subpar scores being sent to the schools as I believe I'll be retaking. Thanks.!

Members don't see this ad.

There's no such thing as subpar scores anymore lol... i'm not even joking.
Search through this pre-pharm forum and see students being offered a seat with PCAT scores in the ~20s

Title. Don't want subpar scores being sent to the schools as I believe I'll be retaking. Thanks.!

There is a timeframe (Limbo) from submission and cancellation if you put in the Serial # for "PharmCAS" online to your designated schools. It is not a wide one and may even be too late. However, If you decide to retake and resubmit, the school can/should take your updated PR score before its all said and done

Members don't see this ad :)
OP your message history says you had medical school on your mind. Don't tell us you're resorting to pharmacy instead? There are literally no jobs anywhere desirable and there will be even less by the time you graduate. Think hard about taking out $200,000 in loans and losing 4 years of your life only to end up unemployed.

At the very least you should work as a pharm tech in a busy CVS and see if you like it (I bet you won't) because that's where you'll most likely end up as a pharmacist... if you're lucky. You should check out the recent NYT article about how CVS has horrible conditions and puts patients' lives at risk.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
OP your message history says you had medical school on your mind. Don't tell us you're resorting to pharmacy instead? There are literally no jobs anywhere desirable and there will be even less by the time you graduate. Think hard about taking out $200,000 in loans and losing 4 years of your life only to end up unemployed.

At the very least you should work as a pharm tech in a busy CVS and see if you like it (I bet you won't) because that's where you'll most likely end up as a pharmacist... if you're lucky. You should check out the recent NYT article about how CVS has horrible conditions and puts patients' lives at risk.
Worked as a pharm tech while considering pharmacy school and immediately changed my mind lol

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Worked as a pharm tech while considering pharmacy school and immediately changed my mind lol

Haha - I love the look on a spring chickens face that has never been exposed to the meat grinder. I always remind them that there is an uncleaned bathroom that reeks of urine in The corner that is for crying.

Haha - I love the look on a spring chickens face that has never been exposed to the meat grinder. I always remind them that there is an uncleaned bathroom that reeks of urine in The corner that is for crying.

That's lucky that it's in the corner. When I worked retail I had to walk through a bunch of aisles only to get stopped by people with questions about OTCs, or other customers asking to unlock the bathroom for them before I could use it.

OP, many pharmacy schools don’t care about the PCAT. Many schools say PCAT is not required. Please leave pharmacy for your own good. 0% job growth from 2019 to 2028 according to Bureau of Labor Stats. Please read the NYT on retail pharmacy, majority of the jobs are in retail. Huge bottleneck competition for a pharmacy residency (Pharmacy residency is harder to get than any Medical residency). The pharmacy residency does not guarantee you a job afterwards unlike medical residency. Credential inflation is increasing in hospitals. Hospitals want two years of residency just to staff inpatient hospital and some hospitals are considering adding a PGY-3 program. ASHP is actually thinking about pushing for PGY-3. For the same time commitment, you could become a physician, PA, Dentist, or NP or CRNA.

Thanks for all your answers! Despite being sleep deprived and not finishing on a couple of sections, I scored a 97 composite. I almost want to retake as I know I can do better.