MD Can anyone give me some study tips ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alaaz

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
All of my friends ssem to remember much of the material but for me just after like 15 min i forget what i have studied
I do reprat things from my memory or active recall by writing them down but something i used to do is not write a fact once , i write it multiple times like 5 times and then it sticks but with that it takes a huge amout of time

Members don't see this ad.

Do you understand why it's happening? Try to make connections. Understand the mechanism completely - every part. It makes it much easier to recall if you understand how it works. For blunt memorization (like IL-8 = chemotaxis) there isn't really a good answer and differs from person to person. Repetition, active recall, mnemonics, memory palace, etc...

All of my friends ssem to remember much of the material but for me just after like 15 min i forget what i have studied
I do reprat things from my memory or active recall by writing them down but something i used to do is not write a fact once , i write it multiple times like 5 times and then it sticks but with that it takes a huge amout of time
Read this:
Goro’s guide to success in medical school-v.2016

Reactions: 1 user