Campbell 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HmoobRX

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I didn't apply for early decision at Campbell but was wondering if they've interviewed anyone who applied for early decision. I'm assuming they probably won't interview the rest until they've interviewed early decision candidates. Or has anyone received an interview period from Campbell this cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

In your boat as well. Didn't apply ED, but haven't heard anything about regular decision/interview invites.

I applied here for regular decision and was invited for an interview that takes place tomorrow (Oct 21). I had to decline the interview because I have to be at school this week (it is a 6 hour drive for me). I know that they have another interview coming up on Thursday, November 4th.

Members don't see this ad :)
A buddy of mine applied regular decision and has an interview next week sometime. I haven't heard anything yet though.

I applied here for regular decision and was invited for an interview that takes place tomorrow (Oct 21). I had to decline the interview because I have to be at school this week (it is a 6 hour drive for me). I know that they have another interview coming up on Thursday, November 4th.

You applied regular decision and you got invited for tomorrow? Odd, because when I just called them they said they were still doing ED interviews only and hadn't started inviting regular decision candidates yet.

Oh well. Guess the rest of us have to play the waiting game.

You applied regular decision and you got invited for tomorrow? Odd, because when I just called them they said they were still doing ED interviews only and hadn't started inviting regular decision candidates yet.

Oh well. Guess the rest of us have to play the waiting game.

It sounds almost funny, that ED applicants must know by Oct 22 and they don't start interviewing until Oct 21. I guess the AdCom sleeps over it and makes a decision the next day.

I too will be playing the same game! Waiting makes me feel like I'm on the edge hanging over all the time.

I guess they mean that they haven't started interviewing regular candidates yet. Their first RD interview must be tomorrow, because I definitely applied regular decision.

Anyways, good luck everyone!

I guess they mean that they haven't started interviewing regular candidates yet. Their first RD interview must be tomorrow, because I definitely applied regular decision.

Anyways, good luck everyone!

Understood.

Best of luck either way and kudos for getting an early interview invite!!

Understood.

Best of luck either way and kudos for getting an early interview invite!!

Hi BelleMD2B,

Last week (Thurs) I spoke with Abbie (one of the staff) and she said they just got done with early decision and have not yet looked at (or maybe start looking at) regular decision. She told me that they want take care of the early decision first and then look at regular decision.

I applied Early Decision and I was accepted. I had friends that were regular decision and got interviews. Campbell works on rolling, so it all depends on when you submitted your application. :D

I applied Early Decision and I was accepted. I had friends that were regular decision and got interviews. Campbell works on rolling, so it all depends on when you submitted your application. :D

Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats? How was the interview?

Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats? How was the interview?
Thanks! I am really excited!!
STATS: Well my Undergrad GPA was a 3.7on PharmCAS, 4.0 in all science/math courses,
PCAT was average 60th percentile composite, highest score in Biology 76th percentile.
Currently working at a Pharmacy, with extensive work experience in different areas
Graduated from a top 20 ranked university
Did study abroad for a semester in undergrad
Tons of extracurricular activities
APhA-ASP member
Currently pursuing the MSCR at Campbell

INTERVIEW: All I have to say is relax, it is very laid back, and everyone is very nice and not at all intimidating. Also just be yourself, because they will know if you are not.

Good Luck to everyone that is applying to Campbell, and I hope to see you guys next year!!

I also applied regular decision and was playing the waiting game up until today. They just emailed me this afternoon to inform me that I had been chosen to be interviewed. They want me to interview this thursday (short notice!) so they've definitely started interviewing the regular decision candidates.

Members don't see this ad :)
I also applied regular decision and was playing the waiting game up until today. They just emailed me this afternoon to inform me that I had been chosen to be interviewed. They want me to interview this thursday (short notice!) so they've definitely started interviewing the regular decision candidates.

I have a friend interviewing there Thursday as well. When was your PharmCAS app mailed? Just curious if you submitted not too long ago since I want to know what their turn-around time is? Also are you a NC resident?

I have a friend interviewing there Thursday as well. When was your PharmCAS app mailed? Just curious if you submitted not too long ago since I want to know what their turn-around time is? Also are you a NC resident?

I submitted my application at the end of august but one of my LORs did not get there until late september, so the supplemental application was not complete until then. And yes, I'm an NC resident.

Last edited:
I got an interview on Nov 4 as well. I was not sure about the school but after meeting everyone, I like campbell university. My interview went well. Sad thing is, I do not know what I could have done better.

Let me know if you hear anything from the school. It looks like we were interviewed on the same day!

Let me know if you hear anything from the school. It looks like we were interviewed on the same day!

I got a call the next day saying that I was accepted! I'll definitely be going there next year. Have you heard anything?

Have there been any invitations for interviews extended? Just trying to get a sense of timing. I didn't submit until the end of September, but I'm curious if there are others that have received an invitation post the 11/4 date.

I have not heard anything about interviews yet. I had a slew of problems with my transcript so PharmCAS just finally sent my application after 7 weeks. I got an email from Campbell yesterday that they had received my PharmCAS. My supplemental has been in since mid-September.

Campbell is a very close-knit program; however it's very political. In that, I mean they play a lot of favorites with people. I don't know how it would be possible to get in with mediocore anything unless you're already associated with the school. They usually use their MSCR to feed into the pharmacy program. But there are those they will help out and there are others where the professors straight out tell students they can't help. Most professors from the Masters program are linked directly to the AdCom.

So far I've heard two different people approach one professor for help and guidance to get into the pharmacy program. One response was a very positive...yes I will look out for your application. The other one was along the lines of as soon as the pharmacy word was mentioned the professor quickly said I can't help you.

That is just so frustrating and discouraging. Sorry for the rant.

I got a call the next day saying that I was accepted! I'll definitely be going there next year. Have you heard anything?

I am accepted as well! I am excited at the same time I am not sure if I should really do this! b/c do not know the job market when we get out! There are already too many pharmD's. Let meknow what you think.

I am accepted as well! I am excited at the same time I am not sure if I should really do this! b/c do not know the job market when we get out! There are already too many pharmD's. Let meknow what you think.

I honestly wouldn't worry about that. Unless you want to work for a large city I highly doubt there will be an issue finding a job. Just be happy you were accepted!

got my interview invite today

Congrats! I look forward to meeting you in the Fall, Go class of 2015!!

Awesome, we will be classmates next year!! Congrats!

I have not heard anything about interviews yet. I had a slew of problems with my transcript so PharmCAS just finally sent my application after 7 weeks. I got an email from Campbell yesterday that they had received my PharmCAS. My supplemental has been in since mid-September.

Campbell is a very close-knit program; however it's very political. In that, I mean they play a lot of favorites with people. I don't know how it would be possible to get in with mediocore anything unless you're already associated with the school. They usually use their MSCR to feed into the pharmacy program. But there are those they will help out and there are others where the professors straight out tell students they can't help. Most professors from the Masters program are linked directly to the AdCom.

So far I've heard two different people approach one professor for help and guidance to get into the pharmacy program. One response was a very positive...yes I will look out for your application. The other one was along the lines of as soon as the pharmacy word was mentioned the professor quickly said I can't help you.

That is just so frustrating and discouraging. Sorry for the rant.
I feel that is true in most Pharmacy programs. Some people know the faculty before they even apply, and some faculty know who they want in the program before the student applies, because they know who will do well. I truly believe that a Pharmacy school wants the top students from the country, and someone who is promising, over a mediocre student any day. Also goes back to the saying its not always about what you know, but who you know, and that applies in any situation.

I got invited for an interview today, as well!!

Anyone heard back from yesterday's interview (11/18) yet?

I interviewed on 11/18 and got a phone call the next morning at 10am saying that I was accepted :-D I'm so excited!

Would you mind telling what the interview was like? And do you know what the main thing they are looking for...GPA, PCAT, etc.?
Thanks.

Would you mind telling what the interview was like? And do you know what the main thing they are looking for...GPA, PCAT, etc.?
Thanks.

Yeah, no problem, I'll try my best to answer your question. The interview was very conversational. There was a faculty member and a current student. I was so nervous going into it, but I immediately felt relaxed once it started. It was an open file interview, and my PCAT scores were mentioned, but they didn't spend much time talking about GPA, PCAT, etc. They spent more time asking me about my experience and what I want to get out of pharmacy school. I learned a lot about the program in this interview that I hadn't known before. I was very impressed with the information they gave me about the dual degree programs and student organizations. I don't know if anyone else had a different experience with their interview, so maybe someone else could chime in about their experience. I think the interview was mostly just to get to know you as a person and to see if you would be a good fit for the program. Just be yourself and don't be nervous! you'll do great :)

Yeah, no problem, I'll try my best to answer your question. The interview was very conversational. There was a faculty member and a current student. I was so nervous going into it, but I immediately felt relaxed once it started. It was an open file interview, and my PCAT scores were mentioned, but they didn't spend much time talking about GPA, PCAT, etc. They spent more time asking me about my experience and what I want to get out of pharmacy school. I learned a lot about the program in this interview that I hadn't known before. I was very impressed with the information they gave me about the dual degree programs and student organizations. I don't know if anyone else had a different experience with their interview, so maybe someone else could chime in about their experience. I think the interview was mostly just to get to know you as a person and to see if you would be a good fit for the program. Just be yourself and don't be nervous! you'll do great :)

I had an interview on Thursday and was accepted on Friday! Like Megan said, it was a really easy, laid back experience! Now I just have the decision to make of where I want to go. I really liked Campbell but always assumed I would want to go to UNC. Decisions! :eek:

Now I'm getting worried about not hearing from Campbell on Friday (my interview was on Thursday the 18th). I thought the interview went well, they were very nice and I asked a lot of questions at the end. My GPA is a 3.7 and my PCAt is 82 composite, I also have 4 years pharmacy experience.
Does anyone think it's possible to screw up an interview that badly and not be aware of it?

Now I'm getting worried about not hearing from Campbell on Friday (my interview was on Thursday the 18th). I thought the interview went well, they were very nice and I asked a lot of questions at the end. My GPA is a 3.7 and my PCAt is 82 composite, I also have 4 years pharmacy experience.
Does anyone think it's possible to screw up an interview that badly and not be aware of it?

Maybe they just haven't gotten around to calling everyone they wanted to accept yet. Don't give up, and good luck!! :)

I had an interview on Thursday and was accepted on Friday! Like Megan said, it was a really easy, laid back experience! Now I just have the decision to make of where I want to go. I really liked Campbell but always assumed I would want to go to UNC. Decisions! :eek:

Did you also get in to UNC?

Did you also get in to UNC?

I accidentally answered you in the other thread about UNC haha! Anyways, yes, I JUST got accepted today! I was not expecting to hear back from them so soon!

don't give up hope! i got my call this morning! excited!! :)

My apologies, I will post in the UNC thread!

Last edited:
I interviewed at UNC this past Friday and am still waiting to hear back...Do you mind telling me your GPA and PCAT score? I have a 3.4 and got 94% composite on the PCAT. The wait is killing me!

The wait is killing me too! What did you select for your campus choice?

For everyone concerned with UNC, please post on the UNC Applicants for Fall 2011 thread. Thanks.

Still waiting on interview...this waiting thing is getting on my last nerve.

Has anyone had a recent interview with Campbell or have an upcoming interview? Please update because not knowing is killing me.

Thanks!

Why are they asking for a photo with the supplemental app? Are they judging students on looks too?

Hi, does anyone know if what they say on their website is true about those people applying after november pretty much will have a hard time trying to get in (aka don't even have a chance)?

Hi, does anyone know if what they say on their website is true about those people applying after november pretty much will have a hard time trying to get in (aka don't even have a chance)?

I don't believe this is necessarily true. However, yes the longer you wait, the more unlikely it is that you will get a chance for interview. I will say that this applies more to those with medicore stats, because you're not competing with that many students at the beginning of the cycle so you have a better chance of getting an interview. Towards the end of the cycle, like around now, if you haven't submitted then I probably wouldn't. But if you have the grades and near perfect PCAT, Campbell will play favorites and it is a good chance you'll get an interview. Also, Campbell has a Master's program that kind of feeds into their Pharm.D. program so their class fills up quickly.

anyone know if campbell is still doing interviews??
i applied back in november and haven't heard anything and i would really like to go to campbell!