Called from wait list after orientation began, what are the chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

atrovariousg

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently the first person on a wait list at a school who started orientation today. Does anyone have specific knowledge that points to my still getting a seat this year? Seems like a possibility, however everyone accepted did indeed show up at 7am this morning like requested so I'm wondering what my chances are.

Members don't see this ad.

if its PCOM not a chance, the class has too many students

Members don't see this ad :)
I will give you a little ray of hope...there were two ppl called up during my first week of orientation.

I got in to CCOM the day after orientation started, but that was because someone didn't show up. I would imagine it would be much harder if everyone showed up to orientation.

However, there's always the chance that someone at the school will receive a last-minute offer to another place, as I did. In such a situation they may drop out, leaving you a spot. I wouldn't hold my breath, but I am a real-life example that the possibility exists. Good luck.

Claymore said:
I got in to CCOM the day after orientation started, but that was because someone didn't show up. I would imagine it would be much harder if everyone showed up to orientation.

However, there's always the chance that someone at the school will receive a last-minute offer to another place, as I did. In such a situation they may drop out, leaving you a spot. I wouldn't hold my breath, but I am a real-life example that the possibility exists. Good luck.

Thanks,
Say, that isn't a soft wheaten terrier by chance is it, I've got a one year old named Buddy.

atrovariousg said:
Yes, KCUMB, AND thanks for the Ray of Hope.
Sorry I can't give any specific ray of hope for KCUMB.. but what I can say is that I prob am some person that no one would think would make it to med school and I did... So.. if you didn't get in ... please try again... there is hope.

Megalofyia said:
Sorry I can't give any specific ray of hope for KCUMB.. but what I can say is that I prob am some person that no one would think would make it to med school and I did... So.. if you didn't get in ... please try again... there is hope.
Oh I read you loud and clear and the only reason I was accepted so late and wait listed is because I interviewed 2 months ago due to an acomas screw up.
I'll get in a few places next year as I have already submitted 5 secondary apps for next year, but I'd rather not wait another year.